Does This Make Sense?

Bizkitjmd1

May 21, 2010
CT in good old US of A
I am installing a pair of split blue/white Vertex in my taillights to replace my reverse bulb. I cut out the inline flasher and am using the ULF44 flasher to control the lights now. My goal is to only have the blue flash and use the white as only reverse. Here is where it its not making sense.

So connecting the red to power and black to ground turns on the white. Connecting the red to power and green to ground turns on the blue.

What did I get wrong here? Has anyone ever done this before?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Those inline flashers are usually critical to the operation of the hide-a-way for voltage regulation purposes. The vertex cant be used in this manner. I also don't think they have the capability to do what you are wanting...

Its very possible that this will damage the vertex.

Bizkitjmd1

May 21, 2010
CT in good old US of A
I have seen people do it before. That's why I was looking into it. Guess I need to get feneix cannons instead

Last edited:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
highly doubt anyone has done it without eventually damaging the led heads. There are some vertex that are self contained as well and dont have the in line flasher.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.