Dual Avenger 2 Solo Pattern Change

K9Grand

Dec 5, 2023
Orlando, FL
Greetings all,

We just got a new fleet of vehicles delivered with dual head, solo color Avengers in the visor and rear window and I am trying to figure out how to change the flash pattern. The instruction sheet and some pictures online show a red button on the bottom of the housing inside a depression at the middle over where it says Whelen. None of the 4 in my truck have a button installed there. The hole passes through from the bottom to the top of the housing.

Does anyone have any advice or insight?

-Thanks

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The screenshot from the manual suggests that you don't have buttons in the housing. My suspicion is that there is an additional wire with the main cable that changes the patterns as described below.

1701843993444.png

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
There are two different models for every Avenger II. There is a cigar plug style, and a hardwire style. In the Solo, if you have the hardwire style, you will have a button on the lighthead. If you have the cigar plug style, the cigar plug had two switches on it. One switch turns the light on, the other is a momentary to change patterns. I would bet that your installer used the cigar plug style, and that they cut off the plug, and hard wired it. So you will probably need to trace the cable off of your light, and find the wires, snd momentarily apply power to the white wire to change the pattern.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.