Dual Color Lightbar Versatility

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
So I saw this gripe session on Facebook and I thought this was a valid point to discuss here on elightbars. I remember the days when this site was the place we use to all go at each other over varying opinions on equipment. It seems as though Facebook is killing that and that's sad because you can't do research on Facebook like you can here with the ability to search post.

The issue at hand is the Feniex Fusion Dual Color lightbars. Apparently you can't program the bar as easily as other manufacturers. Apparently in order to do some of the combinations of lights you have to re-pin lightheads or pay Feniex $50 to do it that way for you from the factory.

Anyone else see this as a HUGE lapse in planning of this lightbar?

ShadowSwipe

Mar 13, 2015
New Jersey
Isn't that fairly standard for these types of lights? I know for FS you have to get custom firmware installed from them for certain applications. What exactly is the gripe with the fusion bars? What isn't able to be done?

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
Not with Star, SOS, Whelen... Not sure about code 3. The last Federal signal bar I had to install i hated. Loved the valor.. until i had to install and program one...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.