Early Xmas 1976 Unity dome

I got an early Christmas present today. Tony, I hope yours arrives ok. I was worried when I was opening the box. They did a very poor job of packing. Almost no cushion and nary a "fragile" stamp on the box. Here's a pic next to a Detroit PD beacon I recently won on the bay.
Were you notified that it shipped? I have only received an order in process email...

Reactions: kitn1mcc
Tony, I got a shipping notification yesterday. Possibly because I contacted them asking where my item was. They were closed Wed-Mon. Yesterday was their first day back. 

Scoot, if you're making green domes, I'm looking forward to seeing them! Extra points for a red/green/red spitfire dome.

Reactions: tsquale
That's nice!  Unity beacons were not that popular around here.  Seems VDOT was the biggest user, putting RV-26's on their pickup trucks and only in amber.

Well.... Spoke to Unity on the phone... They sent mine to someone else and are trying to get it back. Glad you didn't have issues with yours

Wow. Just wow. I hope they get it back for you and refund your money. :(

Wow. Just wow. I hope they get it back for you and refund your money. [emoji20]
Yeah... My heart sank when I heard that. They were very sympathetic and understand the collector value. They're making it right and I'm pretty positive it'll end up in my hands. It hasn't been delivered yet so UPS was working on intercepting and returning it to Unity.

Yeah... My heart sank when I heard that. They were very sympathetic and understand the collector value. They're making it right and I'm pretty positive it'll end up in my hands. It hasn't been delivered yet so UPS was working on intercepting and returning it to Unity.

Maybe the person they sent it to won't send it back and they will make MORE to accommodate you.....and us.

wishful thinking....

Ditto!

Love the DPD RV, too (26 or 46?). It looks like it has a tall skirt on it. I know Unity made "lift kits" that basically bolted on the bottom of a standard RVX6, but yours is one piece. Color me intrigued.

Me too....any information on that?

Whoa, I thought they were NOS.

Yeah...me too. They did include a "these have been sitting around since 1976 and may have blemishes" clause, so I expected some wear. The flaking paint and heat mark (not very visible at the lip of the dome) were quite surprising though; and mine too was just tossed in a (thin) box with no real padding. I cringed when I saw UPS just toss it on to my steps. Truly a miracle that it arrived in one piece.

Overall, the purchase has left a bitter taste behind.

Reactions: Tony P
Well it is here. Rougher than I had hoped....and yes, I know the beacon is wrong.
Yeah...me too. They did include a "these have been sitting around since 1976 and may have blemishes" clause, so I expected some wear. The flaking paint and heat mark (not very visible at the lip of the dome) were quite surprising though; and mine too was just tossed in a (thin) box with no real padding. I cringed when I saw UPS just toss it on to my steps. Truly a miracle that it arrived in one piece.

Overall, the purchase has left a bitter taste behind.
First, glad it finally arrived for ya, especially since it was mis-shipped to begin with. Second, I feel bad for you because it was mis-shipped and then for it to arrive with the flaking paint, which I also wouldn't have expected. Third, glad UPS didn't finish it off for you; disappointed Unity didn't pack it properly. Lastly, glad you finally got it and it is a unique item even in its present state.

Wow. That's sad. If anything could save it is Krylon Stained Glass Paint in red, but even then, who knows if it'll work.

At least the dog was happy with it :D!

Reactions: tsquale and Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scannerdude