ELB's Official BOLO thread for missing/stolen equipment

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
This thread is designed to give members an idea of equipment that has been stolen. We ask that everyone please keep comments to themselves and only post here if you are reporting missing equipment or have information related to missing equipment. Any public safety equipment is fair game to be posted here, but please no "Lost Cat" posters.

The template below is a sample of the IDEAL report to provide ELB members with. If you have all, some, or almost none of this information please post whatever you do have. Obviously the more information you have, the better but we (as an ELB community) can work with what every you have.

To streamline the process we've created a template to follow when posting:

Location stolen from:

Item description: (ie. dashlight, lightbar, surface mount, whole vehicle, portable radio, mobile radio, antenna, ect.)

Make:

Model:

Serial:

Identifying marks: (department sticker, unique damage)

Date stolen:

Contact information:

Additional information:

Photos:

As always, any questions feel free to PM site staff!

Last edited by a moderator:

fireman57

May 23, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Posting for a friend in the WNY area

All our friends in the fire family....my fire turnout gear jump bag with all my Globe Gear and Helmet, as well as my Iron Duck EMS jump bag was stolen Saturday night in Wales Center, NY Eire County, in front of the Wales Center Hotel.....it has been Bennington and J. Dick on coat tail and helmet (Carins White 1044 w Chief/ J.Dick on shield). A report was filed with the EC Sheriff's Dept. Please keep your eyes open if anyone happens to see it available on the internet or whatever please contact me or the EC Sheriffs Dept. at 716-858-2903, or me at 716-523-1556.....It's complaint # 14-029255 Thanks.

RipsaW

Dec 3, 2010
MA
Location stolen from: Peabody, MA

Item description: Whelen Liberty, all amber with two white facing modules and 2 sets of LR11 Takedowns and LR11 Alleys.  Was mounted using the Whelen Stud mount kit unknown if thief kept them attached to bar.

Make: Whelen

Model: Liberty

Identifying marks: Model number sticker on frame was for older RRBB Ballast unit, which is wrong for this bar.  Also screws on top cover were held in with white caulk which oozed out from around the screw heads

Date stolen: 6/2/14

Contact information: PM Here for contact info

A report was filed with the Peabody Police Department on June 2nd.  I am offering a reward for any info that leads to the recovery of the unit, more if perpetrator is caught.

photo2.JPG

photo1.JPG

photo.JPG

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
Last edited by a moderator:

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Fraud Alert: 

Credit card dispute filed after arrival of equipment (same day).  Took equipment time to arrive due to being out of stock:

2 Whelen 295SLSA2 Sirens, NEW

Name and Address used:

Riski Hame
4351 Philadelphia Ave #1577
chambersburg, Pennsylvania 17202

Reported to Chambersburg Police, no report number available at this time.  Only ordered sirens, so may possibly hit other dealers for lights.

Order placed: 08-21-2014 Recieved and disputed on 09-03-14

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
My brother's truck was stolen in July. While the truck was recovered, the thieves made off with his fire department gear. Not much for specifics, other than yellow coat, pants, helmet and boots, marked with KCFD 44 in a red turnout gear bag. May also have the name Nelson in the gear along with his accountability tags that read "M. Nelson 5753." Any info or sightings please pm me, contact the King County Sheriff, Algona, wa police or Mountain View Fire- King County Fire District 44.

If I can get more specifics, I'll update this post. Thanks.

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
Found this on a FB group, stolen Federal Signal LAPD Aerodynic:

http://fox4kc.com/2015/10/06/thief-steals-crucial-fixture-from-car-restored-as-vintage-lapd-cruiser/

Stolen out of Kansas City, KS.

"This lightbar was stolen off the car in the pics on 10-04-15 @5:30 am in KCKs. I'm offering a $500 reward for the return, and for the info leading to an arrest and conviction of the individual. This has LAPD property tag as well as a serial number. The video showa a white male 25-35 years of age, 200-250 pounds with a full beard. I cant attach a video clip at this time. Any help is greatly appreciated."

Link to "Stolen KC" FB group (ad is also posted there w/more info):

jcarrlapd1.jpg

jcarrlapd2.jpg

Citabria7GCBC

May 21, 2010
Houston Texas
Found this on a FB group, stolen Federal Signal LAPD Aerodynic:

http://fox4kc.com/2015/10/06/thief-steals-crucial-fixture-from-car-restored-as-vintage-lapd-cruiser/

Stolen out of Kansas City, KS.

"This lightbar was stolen off the car in the pics on 10-04-15 @5:30 am in KCKs. I'm offering a $500 reward for the return, and for the info leading to an arrest and conviction of the individual. This has LAPD property tag as well as a serial number. The video showa a white male 25-35 years of age, 200-250 pounds with a full beard. I cant attach a video clip at this time. Any help is greatly appreciated."

Link to "Stolen KC" FB group (ad is also posted there w/more info):

View attachment 145945

View attachment 145946
Anyone know how to get ahold of this guy? I started a thread looking into doing an LAPD build. Want to get the serial number incase I run across it while I am shopping for supplies on my build.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.