For Sale Federal Signal Corporation Power Light Model 184 N.O.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
It looks great. NOS would imply the whole beacon is new old stock. I notice the dome doesn't have a ridge at the edge. That would seem to imply it was replaced by a North American Signal 400x dome or one of the other similar compatible domes that are used as modern replacements. Can you speak to the origin of the dome? Not trying to be rude, and certainly not a Federal Signal expert.

Reactions: ccsd834 and Dave F

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
The lack of ink markings on the motor and the overall polished finish of the motor as well as pitting of the motor case and drive housing suggests a restoration.

Reactions: JohnMarcson

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The lack of ink markings on the motor and the overall polished finish of the motor as well as pitting of the motor case and drive housing suggests a restoration.
I agree. I would call this light a restored light in good to very good condition with non-original dome. New Old Stock does not seem accurate, although I know the terms NIB, NOS etc get tossed around and lose some meaning. Either way this appears to be in "well restored condition".

Reactions: Dave F and stansdds

MedikMedik

May 26, 2016
Campbell Town, Tasmania
Thank you for your replies! I am speechless!
Your description of the light is outstanding and what is even more impressive is your thorough knowledge of the subject! I most definitely stand corrected! I purchased the light off evilbay a few years ago and the description of the light was N.O.S which I just thought was correct and labelled it as the same now! However, in light of this, I will change the description immediately and hopefully all interested buyers will refer to your more accurate description! You are clearly masters of this arena and I salute you! Thanks for the correction: I have learned a great deal too!

Reactions: stansdds

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Thank you for your replies! I am speechless!
Your description of the light is outstanding and what is even more impressive is your thorough knowledge of the subject! I most definitely stand corrected! I purchased the light off evilbay a few years ago and the description of the light was N.O.S which I just thought was correct and labelled it as the same now! However, in light of this, I will change the description immediately and hopefully all interested buyers will refer to your more accurate description! You are clearly masters of this arena and I salute you! Thanks for the correction: I have learned a great deal too!

Thanks for the reply. It is still a great light, and I'm glad you are open to the feedback. With a correct description this is still a great item.

Reactions: Dave F

MedikMedik

May 26, 2016
Campbell Town, Tasmania
Hi Chri$
Yes it is still available.
Have you read the other threads?
Apparently NOT NOS but a very well refurbished light that looks new.
I bought it off ebay a while back and it was advertised as NOS hence why I put in as advertised like that. It's a really great light indeed.
Regards
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.