Feniex Cobra 49'' and Apollo 49'' Lightbar

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Feniex announced to their dealers today they will be releasing the Feniex Cobra 49'' and Apollo 49'' lightbars in 2015.

This bar will have a one piece molded top cover with an aluminum base.  It resembles the Apollo Mini bar that has been leaked already.  The solid molded top prevents the dome/lense from having any light blockage. It will have a black metal top molded in (that can be special ordered gray). The dome can also be completely colored, but not dual or multicolored as it is injection molded in the color of choice.

The bar can be depopulated for cost effectiveness.

They will eventually release a 60'' bar later in the 2015 year.

Pricing and pictures will come later.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Teaser gone ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
What happened to the teaser pic? I'm definitely curious to see what direction Feniex is moving. Will the introduction of these new lightbars mean the demise of the Avatar? I think it would benefit Feniex to move away from the Avatar and its nearly identical resemblence to 911 Signal's bar.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
What happened to the teaser pic? I'm definitely curious to see what direction Feniex is moving. Will the introduction of these new lightbars mean the demise of the Avatar? I think it would benefit Feniex to move away from the Avatar and its nearly identical resemblence to 911 Signal's bar.

zoomed in picture.... will remove shortly...

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I think it would benefit Feniex to move away from the Avatar and its nearly identical resemblence to 911 Signal's bar.
Why? 911ep doesn't provide them with any competition and the avatar doesn't have nearly as much complaints as 911ep bars like the galaxy. The avatar doesn't have much competition on the slim lightbar either b/c the tomar and whelen equivalents are not in the same price range for a fully-populated unit

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Why? 911ep doesn't provide them with any competition and the avatar doesn't have nearly as much complaints as 911ep bars like the galaxy. The avatar doesn't have much competition on the slim lightbar either b/c the tomar and whelen equivalents are not in the same price range for a fully-populated unit
He meant the 911 signal usa (chinese brand) 

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Agreed. Usually only simple minded or those not familiar with the lighting brands confuse the avatar with the 911 signals. Build quality alone is light years apart

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I'm not even sure how you got 911EP from 911 SIGNAL, but yeah, 911EP has been gone for years (though Sound Off owns them and some of their current bars have 911EP influence, So I suppose you can kind of say 911EP provides competition)

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
It sounds like the Avatar will remain in service until they see how the new bars handle in the market.  The Avatar has a place with the larger bars, too as the new bar will only initially be available in a 49" bar.   

Reactions: TJW

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They will use the same modules. I'm assuming it will slightly thicker and utilize the dome over style instead of building the modules into an aluminum frame. Further technical info has not bee. Released as it's slated release is still far away

Reactions: MEVS06

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.