Feniex Pegasus Interior LED Lightbar - 2008 Charger

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
Just finished up the installing the a Feniex Pegasus interior LED bar in our 2008 Charger. Was a pretty quick project...took less than 1.5 hours. The brackets needed a tad bit of an adjustment (bend upwards) on the interior visor mounts but other than that no issues.

Pegasus_Charger 14.jpg

Pegasus_Charger 15.jpg

Pegasus_Charger 12.jpg

Pegasus_Charger 5.jpg

Pegasus_Charger 7.jpg

Pegasus_Charger 4.jpg

Pegasus_Charger 6.jpg

Pegasus_Charger 11.jpg

Pegasus_Charger 16.jpg

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
nice looking setup. does it get really hot?? just wondering cause theres a thread on a feniex product and they said it gets hot??

911psl

Jan 23, 2011
CT/USA
Very clean install. It looks great in there. Looks very slick, truly a slicktop lol.

jonny521 said:
does it get really hot?? just wondering cause theres a thread on a feniex product and they said it gets hot??

I was wondering the same thing.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
jonny521 said:
nice looking setup. does it get really hot?? just wondering cause theres a thread on a feniex product and they said it gets hot??

Alex at Feniex is sending me some of their hide-aways to test, i will look for heat problems, and sync problems, i will also put them one of Pimp's torture test's.

Nick@Feniex

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
TraFx said:
The brackets needed a tad bit of an adjustment (bend upwards) on the interior visor mounts but other than that no issues.

TraFx, love the install. Regarding your comment about bending the brackets I don't recommend you do that. Use the height adjuster plate to decrease the gap between the headliner and the lightbar. The rubber edge trim provided will do the rest. Depending on the year make and model of your vehicle the height adjuster plate may or may not be needed.

Charger.JPG

Looking forward to your video

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
Fast LT1 said:
Alex at Feniex is sending me some of their hide-aways to test, i will look for heat problems, and sync problems, i will also put them one of Pimp's torture test's.
niiice ok let us know the results of it :D

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
jonny521 said:
niiice ok let us know the results of it :D

I will, it will be posted in the review section, and will include a number of videos!

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
Thanks for that note. We were wondering what those plates were for. There was no documentation about them in the install paperwork. We only had to make a slight bend to get the brackets to fit flush.

Feniex said:
TraFx, love the install. Regarding your comment about bending the brackets I don't recommend you do that. Use the height adjuster plate to decrease the gap between the headliner and the lightbar. The rubber edge trim provided will do the rest. Depending on the year make and model of your vehicle the height adjuster plate may or may not be needed.

View attachment 4794

Looking forward to your video

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
So far....no heat issues. The T-4s that we have tested here have also had some heat issues that we have addressed and are working on with Feniex. The design of the LED mounts in the Pegasus bar look to be adequate to disperse the heat. We will keep a close eye on this and be sure to let you know what we find.

jonny521 said:

zach3713

May 28, 2010
Georgia
Can't wait for the video, i'm contemplating getting one, but really want to see all the flash patterns first. Looks sharp though!

zach3713

May 28, 2010
Georgia
One question, are all the bars the same specs, and the brackets different for the vehicle, or are all the bars shaped differently for different cars?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
Not a bad interior lightbar at all. Do you have any preliminary info about the Avatar? I believe that's supposed to be the roof-mounted bar that's forthcoming sometime during this quarter. I'm curious to know if the Avatar has any resemblance to any SoundOff lightbars, seeing that it appears to me that a number of SoundOff engineers defected to Feniex.

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
Finally the sun is out here so will get a video up online today...

zach3713 said:
Can't wait for the video, i'm contemplating getting one, but really want to see all the flash patterns first. Looks sharp though!

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
zach3713 said:
One question, are all the bars the same specs, and the brackets different for the vehicle, or are all the bars shaped differently for different cars?

As far as the light head design and flasher modules go, they are all the same no matter which bar you buy.

The Charger bar is the only one that has a split design. We have installed the Pegasus in a 2010 Crown Victoria and a Ford Expedition. From what we have been told, the one piece bar for the Fords, Chevy, etc just has vehicle specific brackets. The bar is the same.

The split bar for the Charger would most likely work in other applications too where you are better of with a two piece design instead of the full length model. We have a customer now looking at the Pegasus for a 2011 F250-350 Super Duty. It appears due to the design of the overhead console in that truck that we may have to use the split bar.

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
Kevin K. said:
Not a bad interior lightbar at all. Do you have any preliminary info about the Avatar? I believe that's supposed to be the roof-mounted bar that's forthcoming sometime during this quarter. I'm curious to know if the Avatar has any resemblance to any SoundOff lightbars, seeing that it appears to me that a number of SoundOff engineers defected to Feniex.

We have seen the Avatar and from what we have seen....it is going to be one heck of a light bar. From my point of view, it does not look anything like what Sound Off has on the market. We are waiting for Feniex to get some pre-production models done and sent to us so we can take a look at it up close.

As soon as we can, we will pass along some more info.

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
Sorry.....No more teases.....video will be coming today!

Have no idea where my FlipHD is so I am relegated to having to use the ol' iPhone.

I just need more time in the day to get everything done :crazy:

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
Alovebaby41 said:
By using all TRI modules how is the off-axis? That is my concern.

The off-axis is not all that bad...but still not as good as it would be with a linear style optic....in my opinion. Of course nothing is going to give you prime intersection coverage better than a roof mount bar but this one does a decent job even with the TIR optics.

Extra intersection warning was already part of the packages we have installed so far. Some are using Whelen mirror beams and others were using Sound Off Intersectors, etc.

One idea would be to have maybe a mix of linear heads and TIR heads in the Pegasus along with some of the heads angled for better off-axis coverage but we will see what they do with the bar down the road.

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
Ok....this is not the best quality since we shot it on the iPhone but until I can find the FlipHD cam..its the best I have. The Python bar on the push bumper overpowers the other lights a bit so once we get the interior and exterior lights on a separate circuit I will shoot a much better one of the Pegasus that reduces some of the glare from the other lights.

Take a look:

OverLordOfYou

Sep 1, 2011
U.S.A California
I'm placing my order soon but have a question. On the wiring diagram it implies to have the brown wire to the bateery and have the red on a switch bc if you do it the otherway around it defaults to random instead of recall memory. Was this the case on your installation? :popcorn:

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
OverLordOfYou said:
I'm placing my order soon but have a question. On the wiring diagram it implies to have the brown wire to the bateery and have the red on a switch bc if you do it the otherway around it defaults to random instead of recall memory. Was this the case on your installation? :popcorn:

Yep...

That is correct. If you wire it the other way...it will default to the random pattern and will not recall the pattern you set.

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
Marc M said:
What are the other lights used on the car?

We no longer have this vehicle but at the time we shot this video it had:

FRONT:

Feniex Pegasus Visor Bar

Whelen Mirror Beams

Sound Off Signal Select-A-Flash HLF (Isolated)

Feniex Python 800 LED Bar (Push Bumper)

Feniex T-4 LEDs (Push Bumper - Side Warning)

AxixTech PAR36 LEDs

REAR:

Feniex Python 10 Head LED Bar (Rear Deck)

Feniex Fairy (White - Reverse Lights)

Whelen Vertex (Red - Tail Light Housings)

AxixTech SLED04 R/A (License Plate)

firefightin6

Jun 9, 2011
USA, East Coast
Its a shame that you no longer have this car. The best lookin car ever. Great install job.

Blackhawk10

May 3, 2011
Illinois
Fantastic install! Two questions, sir.

1. Have you heard any more info on the avatar bar? I'm with a volunteer FD and the majority of our vehicles still have the old nasty rotator gumball machines on them and I would love to see some of the Feniex products go on top.

2. Being with the volunteer FD we are allowed to respond with blue lights but not white, however I still want to have takedowns on my vehicle for if I have to stop at night or whatever the reason be that I need additional forward lighting. Is it possible to get the lights flashing to the front in the same setup as you have say

bbbtbbtbbbb or bbtbttbtbb or anything like that to have the blues flashing but the with the takedown lights off? Or is there a way to set them to flash, steady, or off? Or what are the takedown options?

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina

1. Have you heard any more info on the avatar bar? I'm with a volunteer FD and the majority of our vehicles still have the old nasty rotator gumball machines on them and I would love to see some of the Feniex products go on top.

Oct 27, 2010
Irving TX
TraFx said:

I have not heard anything else from them on the Avatar in a while. I will check and see if there is any update on a release date, etc.

2. Being with the volunteer FD we are allowed to respond with blue lights but not white, however I still want to have takedowns on my vehicle for if I have to stop at night or whatever the reason be that I need additional forward lighting. Is it possible to get the lights flashing to the front in the same setup as you have say

bbbtbbtbbbb or bbtbttbtbb or anything like that to have the blues flashing but the with the takedown lights off? Or is there a way to set them to flash, steady, or off? Or what are the takedown options?

Let me check with them and see. They may be able to set it up in that configuration for you. I will shoot you a PM when I find out.

Oct 27, 2010
Irving TX
TraFx said:

I have not heard anything else from them on the Avatar in a while. I will check and see if there is any update on a release date, etc.

Let me check with them and see. They may be able to set it up in that configuration for you. I will shoot you a PM when I find out.

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
Bigredinstalls said:

Oddly enough, I just got off the phone with them about this.

The press release for the avatar should be out in the next couple of months. The bar is going into production shortly and will take a few months to distribute.

To address the "non flashing takedowns" Feniex completely redid the python series all the way down to the light head. (although it's still the same frame...) There are 5 patterns set asside for non flashing Take Downs. That being said, They are limmited to 2 flashing Takedowns. However if your interested in a bar configuration with more takedowns than that it can be done as long as they DO NOT need to flash. In a configuration with more than two takedowns, the takedowns Can Not flash.

Sorry to hijack your thread, just wanted to share my new found information.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
covert

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.