Feniex Warranty

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
So part of me wonders if Feniex only got rid of the Cobra series so they can force everyone to pay "Upgrade" charges to Fusion stuff when the cobra stuff goes bad. Anyone else having to "Upgrade"?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
If you watched the video they plainly state they have parts

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I had Apollo's I sent in for service just recently. I got an email asking if I'd like to pay for the upgrade to fusions, I never replied. When I got my return package, it was brand new Fusions, free of charge!!

However, they've been doing the upgrade thing for a long time. A friend of mine sent a python stick in and they offered him an upgrade to a cobra stick for super cheap. So it's definitely something they've been doing for a while. It is nice that they give you an option to upgrade at a reduced cost.

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
The cobra 49" bar wasn't even around long enough to be out of the warranty period. The dealer advised they have had multiple cobra bars and an avatar they just sent back that are all less than three years old that they are being forced to pay upgrade charges because the old ones can't be fixed.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
So part of me wonders if Feniex only got rid of the Cobra series so they can force everyone to pay "Upgrade" charges to Fusion stuff when the cobra stuff goes bad.

The dealer advised they have had multiple cobra bars and an avatar they just sent back that are all less than three years old that they are being forced to pay upgrade charges because the old ones can't be fixed.

I can understand your frustration brother, but I doubt that was their intention with replacing the cobra. The fusion series simplifies their supply chain mgmt, since they're still a relatively small company but have 2 different products (TIR and linear) with the same "guts" and interchange parts/accessories (minus the lenses). It's also a selling point to dealers who don't want to risk getting stuck with a lot of inventory that they can't move and simplifying their ordering.

I don't know your dealer and maybe there's more than what he's telling you about why they can't be fixed (the old saying "there's always 3 sides to a story"), so I can't blame feniex without knowing everything. I think it's a nice option to offer an upgrade (I know I'd jump on that in a heartbeat even though it's a little more money), and there are a lot of companies don't give the customer than option.

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
Maybe that wasn't their intention.. but its certainly helping them out when they get to charge to repair bars.

Have no reason whatsoever to doubt my dealer. He sells ALOT of Feniex stuff but won't install their lightbars anymore. He's also on here. It's also all over Facebook though too.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
The Avatars though, even though are still under warranty, have had so many changes with light modules it's not feasible for Feniex to stock the parts. Not only that but unless they plan on replacing all the modules it won't look very good. I've replaced a few on one of ours and the new modules stick out like a sore thumb and are way brighter than the old modules. So I fully understand wanting them to upgrade to the Fusion. Like pdk9 said it's simplifies their manufacturing process and cuts down on costs from having to retool to make and stock Cobra and Apollo modules for warranty work. Also not sure what's wrong with your lightbar but in my experience due to design flaws and quality control issues the Cobra lightbars were plagued with moisture problems. The Fusion series though looks similar has been redesigned to fix these problems. Even though they want you to pay an upgrade fee, you are getting a new warranty with the new lightbar and will have less downtime. We did a reseal on a Cobra lightbar and it took at least a week because after we opened it up we inspected the modules for moisture damage and ordered replacements. For a small department having a cruiser down for a week or longer can be costly, especially when it only takes 4 hours to change the lightbar out and have the vehicle back on the road. I have no issues selling the Fusion lightbar, every manufacturer has had their issues every now and then. Some choose to fix the problems, whether it be small changes or complete redesigns, while others sweep the problems under the rug and act like nothing is wrong.

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
Yet when you call there you you get a "that's the first I've heard of that."

Legitimately though what good is the warranty if you have to pay to upgrade because they CANT fix a bar?

Am I seriously the only one that think there is something wrong with even having a warranty? No where did their warranty policy say you were responsible for upgrading.

As far as reliability goes with the fusions there are already reports of failures with them that are identical to the cobra and Apollo series.

Quite frankly if they can't fix an old bar, they should issue a refund. I love their other products even though I hate the flash patterns and inability to set to steady burn. I'm just tired of eating the time of swapping everyone of their lightbar a I ever put on. I don't think it's fair for my dealer to eat an upgrade fee and shipping charges because I refuse to pay them as his customer.

Reactions: NEB

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.