Firetruck Rear Lighting (Micro Freedom)

nightwolf

Oct 26, 2011
US Northeast
We're in the process of finalizing specs on a Pierce Saber. As it stands, for rear, upper-level warning Pierce has MCFLED2. I looked through their website and it seems when flush mounting rear upper-level warning is not possible, they always go with a beacon (not that I'm a huge beacon fan). My apprehension is that these light heads seem to shine at 225* and 135* making them ineffective for rear warning. Anyone have any experience with these light heads or videos of them on a truck? For reference, I think it'd be the third picture in the below link.
http://www.whelen.com/auto/product?head_id=12&cat_id=74&prod_id=114

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
Check out the new federal signal fire ray led light. For 360 federal has the rotating led that can be set to oscillate back and forth. Very effective

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I like the little Freedoms. They seem to be popular with snow plows.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.