Forestville VFD Chiefs Buggy

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
I built this truck last year and never posted anything about it so here goes.
2016 Chevy Tahoe SSV
inner edge XLP wecan duo R/W
dual avenger R/W
Illumigrille with 2 IonV and 2 WIONs and the Pioneer Nanos
2 rotobeams W
2 M4 with fog light brackets R/W
2 5V3s above the front wheel wells with scene lights hook to PFlash along with the Nanos in the grille
3 WIONs on each running board
2 dual avenger in the side back windows
inner edge RTX in the back window
1 Whelen 500 series next to the tag
2 SA 315P speakers
295SSA1 siren controller
ALPHASL remote siren
Howler
4 lifetime LED eagle eye lights on hatch as command lights with a sho-me flasher
Factory HLF and TLF
Rockland console and Gear Clear command box
Slide switch 1 is all red 360
Slide switch 2 adds all remaining warning lights
Slide switch 3 adds flashing nano pioneers and the scene lights in the 5V3s

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Very nice set up!! I would be happy to drive that.
My 0.0002 cents though and this is my personal opinion. I don't like slide switch 3. To much white. I think position 2 was great. HLF, rotobeams, red white dash and inner edge , and the split M4. That gives enough white light to the front and still provides enough time and space to show the red. I would even take the white out of the inner edge.
Once the nano pioneers came on its white out city.

Reactions: Bill Boyd

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
We almost disconnected it but decided putting it on 3 gives them the option of running it during the day. They run a lot on the 495 beltway so having that during the day really helps

Reactions: firebuff17

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
The install is well done but I can't help but think that the huge upfit budget for this thing could have been better spent at a VFD.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I thing that I can almost always look forward to on EVs in MD is that they NEVER skimp on the lighting :)
The lighting package is sick, & I love the MD flag on the rear)

The only tweaks that I wish the customers would've spec-ed:
1) gone with grill rotabeams and fog lights in solid red, not clear or split. When the nanos are flashing, they'll drown out a lot of the red up front, so I think having more clear in the grill (and the fogs) is unnecessary
2) set a flash pattern on the rear inner edge instead of using the knight rider pattern
3) gone with a pair of horizontally-mounted M-series lights on the rear hatch, instead of vertically-mounted lin6's

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.