Getting Quotes for Siren Install

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
(Mods are welcome to move this, I wasn't sure of where the best place to put it would be...)

Pending some discussion and a vote at a fire board meeting later this month, there's a chance I may be appointed to fill a vacant line officer position in our fire department, which would eventually mean installing a siren in my POV. That's a bit beyond my skill level, especially since I'd want a "clean" install in my new (to me) Jeep. We have two shops nearby that would be able to do the work, and should things move forward, I'll undoubtedly get estimates from both companies, and consider it a blessing that I will have two to compare to one another. BUT, that doesn't negate the fact that I have no idea what a good deal is or not.

So, assuming installing something like a Carson SA-365 in a 2014 Jeep Cherokee, what might I be looking at as far as labor rates, and most importantly, how many labor hours might I expect to be billed for?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Depends on the sirens features 100 or 200 watt etc etc etc

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
Depends on the sirens features 100 or 200 watt etc etc etc

I'd be looking at either a self-contained unit like a Carson SA-365 or a remote unit like a Feniex StormPro 100 controlled by a mini 4200; paired to a single speaker.

The assumption is that I'd be providing those components myself, or at the very least have a good idea of MSRP and going rate for them. I'm more interested in the labor side of things, and how many hours I might expect to be quoted/billed for to install just a simple siren setup.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.