Good source of replacement bulbs for vintage lights

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
Greetings! I'm not affiliated with these folks, but have recently become a customer.

They stock original GE PAR36 and other type bulbs used in vintage rotating beacons such as Federal Signal, etc., including the BeaconRay, 184/284 series, model 11, 14, etc. including the factory tinted bulbs: 4416R (red), 4416B (blue) and 4416A (amber) bulbs.

Prices seem very reasonable. Worth checking out of you're looking for a hard to find bulb for your older lights.

Replacement Light Bulbs

800 Burton Avenue, Suite 107

High Point, NC 27262

336-882-BULB (2852)

Replacement Light bulbs-Light Bulb and Lamp resource

Last edited by a moderator:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I got 2 GE 4416B bulbs from them. Great service and comms from this website, but was disappointed on how the bulb makers at GE didn't take the time to properly dye the bulbs, since they had not covered the outside edge very good and the dye marred when I clamped them in my AeroTwin. They must have dyed them and let them dry enough so they could box them up without letting them FULLY harden :no: .

Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
CrownVic97 said:
I got 2 GE 4416B bulbs from them. Great service and comms from this website, but was disappointed on how the bulb makers at GE didn't take the time to properly dye the bulbs, since they had not covered the outside edge very good and the dye marred when I clamped them in my AeroTwin. They must have dyed them and let them dry enough so they could box them up without letting them FULLY harden :no: .

Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Just got my order of red and blue bulbs yesterday. Looks like I lucked out and got a good batch. No problems with the hardness of the dye and no marring when installed in the clamps on my CJ184. Only some minor iridescence on the surface of the red bulbs (there was a printed disclaimer in the box from GE stating this is normal with the red dye and does not effect operation). Sure enough, when lit, you can't see it. No such iridescence on the blue bulbs. All came very securely packaged and protected against damage. Very happy with my experience. :thumbsup:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Sarge619 said:
Just got my order of red and blue bulbs yesterday. Looks like I lucked out and got a good batch. No problems with the hardness of the dye and no marring when installed in the clamps on my CJ184. Only some minor iridescence on the surface of the red bulbs (there was a printed disclaimer in the box from GE stating this is normal with the red dye and does not effect operation). Sure enough, when lit, you can't see it. No such iridescence on the blue bulbs. All came very securely packaged and protected against damage. Very happy with my experience. :thumbsup:

Yeah, you definitely lucked out with your blues, Sarge. That's good to know. I'll stick with painting 4416s blue when I need to. That way, I know they are fully dried and turn out good :haha: !

Say, did your 4416B bulbs have the digital lettering one the back of them? My bulbs had that and wasn't the smooth-looking glass on the rear with the contacts and such. It was like clear frosted-type glass. Just curious ;)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Double post....oops:duh:

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
CrownVic97 said:
Yeah, you definitely lucked out with your blues, Sarge. That's good to know. I'll stick with painting 4416s blue when I need to. That way, I know they are fully dried and turn out good :haha: !

Say, did your 4416B bulbs have the digital lettering one the back of them? My bulbs had that and wasn't the smooth-looking glass on the rear with the contacts and such. It was like clear frosted-type glass. Just curious ;)

Just checked one of mine.... like yours, digital printing, clear but "grainy" surfaced glass on the back.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.