GTA IV Game Custom Vehicles

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
ISU_Cyclone said:
How soon until installers start using this medium to show previews of potential setups to customers?
Been there done that bought the T-shirt. Unfortunately unless you want to get hinky with mods, GTAIV only allows 7 different lights. This is to say that every light on the car will be one of 7 power states. Not two, one. Of course you could duplicate the light one with light1 and one light7, but no need to discuss that now...

"Well here, sit down and play Grand Theft Auto. Get a feel for some of what we can do for you."

But it's actually a lot more complicated than it seems. First and foremost, getting an accurate free-use licensed model of every CVPI/tahoe/suburban/caprice/explorer/jeep/charger/taurus etc. produced within the past 15 years...

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
Ipuvaepe said:
Been there done that bought the T-shirt. Unfortunately unless you want to get hinky with mods, GTAIV only allows 7 different lights. This is to say that every light on the car will be one of 7 power states. Not two, one. Of course you could duplicate the light one with light1 and one light7, but no need to discuss that now...

"Well here, sit down and play Grand Theft Auto. Get a feel for some of what we can do for you."

But it's actually a lot more complicated than it seems. First and foremost, getting an accurate free-use licensed model of every CVPI/tahoe/suburban/caprice/explorer/jeep/charger/taurus etc. produced within the past 15 years...

I just imagined having a slow 360 rotation model of a potential vehicle, not playing GTA4 and running over prostitutes on the sidewalk.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
I might have to go out and buy that game and figure out how to get some of those vehicles never knew there was more then just killing people and stealing cars in the game.Does anyone know if this is mods on the playstation or xbox ?

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
DLuccia said:
I might have to go out and buy that game and figure out how to get some of those vehicles never knew there was more then just killing people and stealing cars in the game.Does anyone know if this is mods on the playstation or xbox ?

PC only unfortunately. And a fast PC at that or else the game lags horribly and freezes. I've been wanting to try it for awhile now.

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
If your xbox/ps3 is modified to run unsigned code, then yes it is possible. I'm just about 100% sure it isn't though.

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
I guess then I'm going to have to wait a long time I can't afford a new computer hell I don't have one anymore I do everything on my phone. I dunno how modified my ps3 is I got it at the pawnshop its a gen one fat one useto be an 80 gig but the person that pawned it with a 1tb upgraded hard drive

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/ (PC Only)

Be warned, you play a typical Grand Theft Auto cop.

Oh and generally speaking, the lower the quality of the car you drive the better your computer performs.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Not for the additional cars and police mods. I have it for xbox, and it is still fun to drive around in the emergency vehicles. If i ever get it for pc, ill make sure I use my xbox controller :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.