Help finding correct amber beacon for 1987 Saab SFT.

Tweek's Turbos

Jul 25, 2017
Northern VA
IMG_0580.JPG IMG_0847.JPG Hi all, first post.

I am a saab enthusiast, and ever since I was little in the great white north, I loved watching the little yellow saabs running up and down the runways.

I picked up SFT #211, formerly Boston Logan (1986-2006), Albany (2006-2007), Ithaca Thompkins parts car (2007-2015) for next to nothing, but also as a stripped shell of itself.

My earliest photo shoes a basic beacon, but the ware shown in the pics show something else. Maybe a Whelen 9000?

I am hoping with some pics of other cars of the era and some photos of the ware, I might get some tips on what may have been there.

Reactions: classifieds869294

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
1st pi looks like a mini edge

2nd looks like an older whelen strobe bar...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
looks like they modified a strap kit for the mini edge above but im sure you can just bolt it through the roof if you go with the 9000 then id hook mount it...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.