Help wiring nForce's

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Quick question on wiring up a pair of nForces. I have 2 nForces in dual color, Red/Blue. I want to wire them so that on one powered switch they flash just blue, and on a separate powered switch, they flash just red. How would I wire this to make this possible? I do have access to relays but I'm not super familiar with using them (I just install lights on my own vehicles). Thank you.

Reason for this is my car is a dual use personal vehicle. (Volunteer FF, and Police)

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I'm not too familiar with nForce lights but looking at the instructions as long as it's on function table 1, if it's not just follow the instructions to change the function table, the applying power to the red and the white wire will flash color 1. Applying power to the red/white and white wire will flash color 2. A relay will be needed and wire pin 87a to switch 1, pin 30 to the white wire on the light heads, pin 87 to constant power, pin 86 to switch 2, and pin 85 to ground. As long as both switches aren't both on at the same time you will only get one color at a time.

Reactions: codycat91

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
I'm not too familiar with nForce lights but looking at the instructions as long as it's on function table 1, if it's not just follow the instructions to change the function table, the applying power to the red and the white wire will flash color 1. Applying power to the red/white and white wire will flash color 2. A relay will be needed and wire pin 87a to switch 1, pin 30 to the white wire on the light heads, pin 87 to constant power, pin 86 to switch 2, and pin 85 to ground. As long as both switches aren't both on at the same time you will only get one color at a time.

Awesome thank you. That explanation was PERFECT

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.