Installing hideaways in drl

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Most are installing to the side of it. Depends on the hide-a-way and the vehicle. I used cannons in amber/white in our demo suburban and replaced them so it will work for you.

You should post what vehicle and equipment you might use with each post like this so others know going in.

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
This is for my 07 Chevy Avalanche. I haven't purchased a particular hideaway yet for this location. I tried to grab some of those first gen cannons from strobesnmore but they where already gone. I've got vertex competitor's in the rear.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
We've done this many times with older model Tahoes (pre-2015) and the Cannons work well. We install a resistor to dim the white (DRL) down a bit just to take the edge off the heat, which may or may not be necessary. We've had some installed in trucks since 2014 with no issues.

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
In my departments 2012 Tahoe PPVs - the contract has them come disabled. We pulled the sockets out and installed strobe tubes for traffic light pre-emption. they only activated when the vehicle was in drive. The right LED HAWs would use more of the reflector for better light output IMO.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.