IRON ON Reflective Letters/Numbers

36TruckK

Jul 16, 2010
Dutchess County, NY
I picked up a nice turnout coat on eBay today and want to put some letters on the back, but dont want to go the letter patch route unless i have to.

YEARS ago, we used to buy iron on Scotchlight letters but a Google search is not turning up too much..anyone have a lead on some?

Need 3 inch ORANGE

36TruckK

Jul 16, 2010
Dutchess County, NY
TritonBoulder47 said:
Why don't you do a velcro panel...? Thats what most departments are going with anymore...

Iron On letters are cheaper... I would need 2 letter patches..one for the department name, the other "36 Truck" on the tail...it's a Morning Pride coat.

Ona side note - it is also coming with a pair of NOS Janesville PBI bunker pants with orange/silver triple trim, size 46/30. They wont fit me - too big and too short, if anyone is looking I will probably end up selling them.

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
I've ordered from B Reflective and had excellent results with the product.

Back when I ordered it was kind of a funky process - I had to send a message stating what I wanted with details of the letters, size, color, spellings, etc - and then they would add the item to the site temprorarily allowing you to make the purchase.

The letters have stayed on my jacket for 5 years now - no problem. I think they included the nylon material that you put over the letters to iron them, but if not included they do have it for purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
FDNY 10-75 said:
Anyone know a good way to get these off of a coat?

I belive you can take them off with an iron, but the problem is the remaining adhesive. I would call a local craft or fabric store and see if they have a product that will remove the adhesive.

If it's turnout gear, there are places that specialize in cleaning and re-lettering, but you may have to ship it.

Some products may actually set the adhesive, so it might be best to have it professionally re-lettered or use a panel to cover the old lettering.

gfpd26 said:
Its already on their site... wow that was fast!

I looked at their site last night a few hours after the original post and it was already there. That's service!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.