Is Rontan dead???

copcarguyP71

Oct 2, 2016
Boyertown, PA
One of my customers made the awful mistake of buying a used fire officers vehicle with all Rontan warning lights on it. They want some changes made in terms of programming, features and colors and although I really do not want to get involved they are a good customer so I tried researching for them as they have been a good customer for a long time. Anyhoo....I tried researching for them and the Rontan North America website goes to an HTTP404 error and their phone in Florida just rings and rings. Is anyone aware if they have folded their North American operations all together?

copcarguyP71

Oct 2, 2016
Boyertown, PA
That is pretty much the feeling I got too. After being in business for 17 years I can see the writing on the wall when a company is on the ropes. Thanks for the update!

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Member 894 used to be a dealer for them and still has product from them. He may be able to help.

copcarguyP71

Oct 2, 2016
Boyertown, PA
If they are DOA here in the U.S. I will probably just flip them into currently supported products. It's a new truck that they will have for a good long while so I would prefer not to try and hobble things together that have no support in the future. I was really just curious if what I seemed to be finding online about them was correct. Most likely will put them into a Cencom Carbide with a DUO Liberty bar as an upgrade.

Reactions: firebuff17

rcfd34

Oct 24, 2011
Illinois
Man that really sucks cuz I have a Rontan light bar and I love that thing it's so bright but yeah changing patterns and stuff is a pain in the ass unless you have the programming software that even some dealers have trouble getting and its expensive for the module for it

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.