Jacksonville, AR FF killed, one FF and one LEO critical.

dusty

Jan 9, 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
Driver arrested after fatally striking firefighter, injuring two others

LITTLE ROCK — A Jacksonville man who drove around barriers at an accident scene and struck two firefighters and a police officer has been arrested on a murder charge after one of them died.

One Jacksonville firefighter was killed while another firefighter and an officer were severely injured when 47-year-old Bryce Allen struck them with a van on State Highway 161 Monday, police said.

This guy claims his accelerator stuck, yet not only never hit the brakes, but drove around every obstacle between him and the rescue personnel. He's been charged with one count of 2nd degree murder, and 2 counts of attempted murder.

update, Captain Donald Jones, a 31 year veteran of Jacksonville FD is the fallen brother, Firefighte Jason Bowmaster, is 37 and a 13 year veteran of JFD. He and an unnamed JPD officer are in critical conditions at area hospitals.

Last edited by a moderator:

dusty

Jan 9, 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
BackYardSales said:
So, was he trying to get to his mother's accident?

That would negate his 'brakes failed' story.
no, it's now known that he drove off the road, into the grass, then turned at the rescue personnel and accelerated directly at them. No one I know of who worked the scene or is involved in the investigation thinks that it was anything but intentional.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
A friend of mine, who was my former partner when I worked on the ambo, works for Jacksonville FD as a FF/medic and had to work this scene. I spoke with him very early this morning and later today.

I'd hate to have to be in his shoes and have to triage your own personnel. My friend indicated they're plenty aware of the driver and his bullshit excuse of the accelerator getting stuck. At least the POS is sitting in the county jail with a $750,000 bond.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Good Lord!! RIP, brother.

I hope the scumbag gets whatever the max sentence is. Capital Punishment sounds good to me.

dusty

Jan 9, 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
My dept happens to have the statue that's awaiting the Arkansas Fallen Firefighter's Memorial to be ready for it, so tomorrow night we'll be hosting a candle light vigil/memorial service.

It turns out that the guy has a violent criminal history. Still no statement from him or his lawyer that I'm aware of.

BackYardSales

Dec 5, 2011
US - KY
The man charged with hitting and killing Jacksonville firefighter Donnie Jones with his car is now being charged for similar crimes in Ohio.

47-year-old Bryce Allen, Jr. has been charged with felonious assault and tampering with evidence by the Columbus, Ohio division of police for allegedly striking Sgt. Chad Rosser with his car in October 2011 at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Ohio. The car that hit Sgt. Rosser was a 2000 black Cadillac with Arkansas tags. Sgt. Rosser sustained injuries from the incident.

Bryce Allen was charged on March 20, 2012 in Jacksonville after allegedly driving around a police barrier and hitting the emergency personnel that was assisting his mother after she was in a car accident. Firefighters Donnie Jones and Jason Bowmaster and Officer Daniel DiMetteo were hit by the car. Jones was killed.

Allen has been charged in Arkansas with second degree murder, two counts of attempted murder, failure to comply and other misdemeanor charges.

Man accused of killing Jacksonville firefighter now charged in O - KATV Channel 7 - The Spirit of Arkansas:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
sad to hear, RIP and speedy recovery. Hope they run a train on the a-hole responsible

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.