Justice Takedown Wiring

gpod

May 21, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
I have a used Whelen Justice and the previous owner messed with some of the wiring for the takedowns. I am trying to get things back to how they should be. This is a non-wecan model (HC) with a 3-conductors Options cable, a 6-conductor options cable and a 4-conductor LED cable.

1) In order to activate flashing takedowns, the instructions say I need to supply power to the blue wire on the 6-conductor cable. Unfortunately, after finding this not working I traced things back and there is nothing at the other end of the blue wire. I need to know what plugs into the other side to make the takedowns flash.

2) I plan on running things off of two switches, one for all flashing lights and another for steady alley lights and steady takedowns. If I have the flashing takedowns already going and activate the steady takedowns, will the steady lights overrule the flashing or will I have to turn off the flashing in order to have steady lights?

Sep 20, 2012
FL
The blue wire (Flashing TD) is not completed on the other side of the connector because that option was not added into your Justice bar when purchased.The module needed is Whelen part "JHFlash" and is a pain to source from anywhere but Whelen (maybe someone here has one lying around?).

With that bar and most others power applied to a steady burn/ TD function will override a flashing mode.

If you really wanted to complicate things you could use an external flasher with two modes and a steady burn pattern and take signal power from the blue and white wires but that is not really recommended.

Here is the original literature from Whelen on the Justice bars, scroll to the bottom for the optional features and fitments.
https://www.whelen.com/pb/Automotive/ProductSheets/Lightbars/Justice_Lightbar.pdf

Hope that helps, sorry for the book I just had to do some re-engineering of a justice bar for someone who had a similar issue. Lets just say the TD's now flash with the closest colored module to them. :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.