LCS869 issue?

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Hey all, I run a star lcs869. I've had to use it heavily lately, and it seems to be shutting itself off on me. I'll be running code (light circuit 1 is 2x micropulse ultra 12 and 2x ultra 6, light circuit 2 is a pair of SNM ebeacon elites) and with lights and a siren tone, it has just abruptly beeped at me the way it would if I held the standby to turn it off. I have 2 theories: 1, my fat palm is hitting standby but I don't know it or 2, with the siren running constantly (unusual for me), it's heating something up beyond a limit/drawing too much? I did daisy chain power in, instead of running the siren circuit dedicated from the battery.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.