Wanted looking for (4)-(6) 90lb. magnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
looking to make a lightbar magnetic mount. looking for four or 6 90lb+ magnets. 

thanks 

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I have used some 200lbs magnets off of ebay for a 45" legend. I would drive with it and it never moved. If you plan to use this in motion I recommend a more powerful magnet than that.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
The reason i was thinking the 90lb would work is because i was going to cut the bar down ... still not sure. Building a "throw light" for my plow truck. Lol

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Lol I had a guy use 90lbs on a custom mini liberty 30". It flew right off with a 45mph gust of wind and hit a passed by. I told him from the get go to order larger magnets and play it safe. $2600 later after paying for a new fender hood and windshield for a 535i he did what I said....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonClampitt

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.