Mars playing cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Wow!!!!!!!! that figures out to be $1.11 per card if you include say 2 Jokers. totaling 54 cards.

Ain't no deck of cards worth that much. And I don't care if Elvis himself owned them.

Reactions: tsquale

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Now Elvis with a Mars light on his head, well...

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
why is everything on this site about getting something for nothing??? The original Fabrege egg is worth roughly 5k in gold and jewels. It sold for 33 million. Because it is what it is. Not based on the parts.  Someone will pay that for those cards...a TRUE Mars collector.   A lot of places have the Iraq playing cards for $20/set...there's a million sets out there... If it were a vintage set from Whelen...I'd own them.

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
Agreed, Steve. There is a reason why we all salivate when someone posts a vintage Mars Bar and we're not surprised when it goes for 1-2 grand. 

Here is the other side of the card discussion, same deck of cards on Ebay for $5.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Playing-Cards-MARS-Advertising-Card-Deck-/190807703610

I'm not saying that $5.00 is too low, or that $50.00 is too high. Their true worth is what someone will pay for it. 

Last edited by a moderator:

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
well if thats not a kick in the ba....s..  uh.. what I mean is thats why u do your research before you pull the trigger on something, hmmm BNIB for $7.00 shipped, or $60.00 w/$15 shipping,handling, etc

A "wicked" good deal has a lot to do with Perception..... No matter what, if YoU think you got a good deal, then it was,  :cool:

Reactions: acklover

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Doing your research is prudent...Here it just seems like "price" is boss vs. cool factor. If those other cards weren't out there then what would the $60 set be worth? See, if I was a serious Mars and didn't see the $5 set I would have paid the $60 and been very happy with my purchase. I don't consider price unless it is excessive or I am buying to turn a profit...

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
$5. set is mine!!! Yay!! :fangirl:

I agree with Steve, to a true collector rarety and cool factor is boss vs price. To each there own, I have overpaid and underpaid for items just as any other dedicated collector has and I am very happy with every purchase have made. No regrets.....

.....but hey a TRUE Mars collector just saved herself a bunch of $$$$ thanks to you guys! :woohoo:

I am still waiting to find the Elvis with a Mars light on his head Jazz, please keep an eye out for me. :weird:

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
$5. set is mine!!! Yay!! :fangirl:

I agree with Steve, to a true collector rarety and cool factor is boss vs price. To each there own, I have overpaid and underpaid for items just as any other dedicated collector has and I am very happy with every purchase have made. No regrets.....

.....but hey a TRUE Mars collector just saved herself a bunch of $$$$ thanks to you guys! :woohoo:

I am still waiting to find the Elvis with a Mars light on his head Jazz, please keep an eye out for me. :weird:
We were gonna get these for you for Christmas. 

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
why is everything on this site about getting something for nothing??? The original Fabrege egg is worth roughly 5k in gold and jewels. It sold for 33 million. Because it is what it is. Not based on the parts. Someone will pay that for those cards...a TRUE Mars collector. A lot of places have the Iraq playing cards for $20/set...there's a million sets out there... If it were a vintage set from Whelen...I'd own them.
Why do people like you get so bent out of shape about other people's opinions?

:bonk:

Myself and other members don't think it's a good price. You do. Who cares?

Reactions: 7d9_z28

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
 I don't consider price unless it is excessive or I am buying to turn a profit...
Alot of us HAVE to consider price. We cant all afford to have a wall full of brand new Freedom bars and such. Alot of people here are here because they know they can get good deals and obtain items otherwise unobtainable. Its no different than the 'Overpriced' thread here...

Feel free to go buy that $1000 MX7000 bar thats been on craigslist for 3 years. The rest of us cant do that

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The site is just here for people to discuss lights... including their opinion on their value.  Items sell for way more and way less than I would think constantly.  The debates and then the rationale given is the interesting part for me.  

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
The site is just here for people to discuss lights... including their opinion on their value.  Items sell for way more and way less than I would think constantly.  The debates and then the rationale given is the interesting part for me.  
It's only too much money if it sells for less.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.