Most lights I have ever seen on a POV in person....

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
pdk9 said:
It's too Bad he doesn't realize that, If he sold all of the star GenI & miscellaneous KO crap, he could probably afford to put 3 mini freedoms on the roof & have 2 dozen M6s around his car so that it could at least be a "bright" cluster F

Gotta love the guy that sounds like Larry The Cable Guy talking in the background!

Wait who sounds like "Larry the cable guy"? I'm one of those people talking haha.. The other talking Is him.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
MESDA6 said:
He needs one of these. (Picture credit to Crescentstar69)

56292d1374353549-mars-mystery-light-%24-kgrhqjhjeefh-m18oo2br5dupw1sq~~60_57.jpg

Ok now that Mars is Bad Azz, jus sayin...... :cool:

And the Sad fact that this truck mirrors the TRUE Mentality of MANY (not all) Security officers & Vol. FireFighters to do to their POV's the More & Brighter the lights the better they are for clearing traffic. But in reality the extra MVA's caused by the responding POV that blinded the general public trying to get out of the way, does give those who were too late to arrive at the station for the first call will have a second call to go on .... :dielaugh:

He could have had a set of red/blues to front and rear, wig-wag headlights and a Q siren. that would be just as effective and not look like a UFO approching... :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
jradue said:
One Beacon Ray is all you need. :D

Yeah...but sometimes more is better. The better to see you with........you know! :p As long as you can power it properly....go for it! :yes:

So let me clarify that a bit. For many years around this part of West Texas, all you saw were single 17s, like you mention. When Thomas Funeral Home opened up in 1955, their first ambulance was a '56 Ford Sedan-delivery. It had a roof-mounted Q, flanked by four red Unity lights and a red 17 in the rear. Then they added a '57 Plymouth with the same setup, but they also added an FL8 Mars light to the rt. fender. Then in 1959 they bought a '60 Ford sedan-delivery to replace the "old" '56. They were gonna go back with the same setup as was on the old Ford. But one day when they had everything laid out in the yard, someone walked off with two of the Unity lights.

We were out of school on Spring Break and I just happened up behind the place on my pretty little red motor scooter. Billy Thomas, the eldest son who now has the place, was outside. It was my first time to see the new Ford and I almost pissed myself. :D Billy got a kick out of that, and when I asked what they were going to do, he explained about the two lights being missing. So I surveyed the truck and said to him, "Too bad you don't have another beacon somewhere." In the house he went and came back lugging a nice red 17-D that had come off a '56 Caddie combo they had sold. So I pointed to the roof, and told him to put the two beacons on the front corners and then cowl-mount the remaining two Unity lights. The roof-mounted Q also had an old red truck stoplight that someone had mounted to the front of the siren years before. So Billy hooked up all three flashing lights to the same flasher. Once they got through with it, that was the sharpest ambulance I'd ever seen at that point. They liked the twin beacon setup so well, that they followed suit with that idea for a number of years. In 1960 they went out of business for a short time, but came back in '62 with a '63 Ford wagon. It was equipped with the red 17s, but had a Federal 78 doubletone siren with the red Solaray light in the center and a pair of red sealed beams where the high beams should've been. That looked neat. They ended the double beacons when they went from wagons to the Consorts in '67. But their last ambulance in '74 before they were forced out because of the new FD EMS, was a Type II Chevy van that sported five 175s on the roof along with twin CP25 speakers powered by an Interceptor. Maybe a bit of overkill, but not too bad...and you could see them coming! :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big JW

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.