My Newly Restored Fire Engine Bell

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Hello fellow collectors!

This time i have something different to show. This is part of an ongoing project i am working on. This is one piece to the puzzle, lol. This is a 12 inch diameter Fire Engine Bell i had refinished. It had several scratches from years of service, so i had the heavy brass bell polished and rechromed. It looks like new again. This bell will be mounted on the bumper of the life-size fire engine front end replica i am building. I do not know much about this bell manufacturer, Rostand from Milford, CT. If anyone can add any info to this, that would be great! Pictures of these mounted on apparatus would be great as well!

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_001_zpsdf6bb261.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_002_zps3d07edee.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned.........

Last edited by a moderator:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I'm just glad Eric wasn't like that guy on eBay who takes photos of chromed items while in his skivvies.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
JazzDad said:
I'm just glad Eric wasn't like that guy on eBay who takes photos of chromed items while in his skivvies.

I've never seen any of the items you speak of, and I pray that I never do!

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Super nice bell, Eric! Just don't see that many of them anymore like you used to. When I was a little kid, Midland FD had an old '39 ALF closed-cab engine that had a big black bell behind the grille. And it had a Sterling 20 Sirenlite in the middle of the hood. One of the firemen brought the old truck over to the kindergarten that was next to my grandma's house, and when I saw the truck, outside I went! All the kids, including me, got to go for a ride. The fireman was a friend of my dad's, so I rode up front with him. I got to work the bell while he rolled the siren over. Nothing like a ding-a-ling in the family....huh! :p

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Skip Goulet said:
Super nice bell, Eric! Just don't see that many of them anymore like you used to. When I was a little kid, Midland FD had an old '39 ALF closed-cab engine that had a big black bell behind the grille. And it had a Sterling 20 Sirenlite in the middle of the hood. One of the firemen brought the old truck over to the kindergarten that was next to my grandma's house, and when I saw the truck, outside I went! All the kids, including me, got to go for a ride. The fireman was a friend of my dad's, so I rode up front with him. I got to work the bell while he rolled the siren over. Nothing like a ding-a-ling in the family....huh! :p

I still see them occasionally in service here on brand new engines and trucks. I think depts. are going for the nostalgic look.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Very nice Eric! :thumbsup: I cant wait to see your replica fire engine front end complete! :yes: :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.