need help deciding which legacy lt bar to buy solo or duo

94yj

Aug 13, 2013
ft worth tx
admin please delete if not allowed i am needing ideas on which light bar would be best for a service vehicle the light bar would also be used for lighting up a work area at night also warning oncoming traffic to steer clear of me and move over a few lanes so i do not get hit working on the side of the highway

legacy solo with amber and TD and ALLEY LIGHTS

or a legacy duo in all amber/white i have to get a new light bar due to an upcoming contract
all opinions are greatly appreciated thanks

Last edited:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Depending on how in-depth you are going to get controlling it, the duo can have a nice ability to steady flood more modules. But if you don't plan to do much programming or dive into wecad, then sold with takedowns and alleys will work. Use is one major factor, but planned switching/control setup is the other major one.

Reactions: 94yj

94yj

Aug 13, 2013
ft worth tx
Depending on how in-depth you are going to get controlling it, the duo can have a nice ability to steady flood more modules. But if you don't plan to do much programming or dive into wecad, then sold with takedowns and alleys will work. Use is one major factor, but planned switching/control setup is the other major one.
thank you i will be having the company i am buying the bar from program the wccp and i can change in the future if ever needed

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
thank you i will be having the company i am buying the bar from program the wccp and i can change in the future if ever needed
There is a lot you can do with duo then, and the price point may not be that much higher. I'm not convinced that regular takedowns and alleys cut it in all applications, but that's up to you for your job.

Reactions: 94yj

94yj

Aug 13, 2013
ft worth tx
There is a lot you can do with duo then, and the price point may not be that much higher. I'm not convinced that regular takedowns and alleys cut it in all applications, but that's up to you for your job.
agreed the duo is about $500. more and for the extras it is what i am going with better to have to much light than not and to regret not buying the right bar from the start

Reactions: JohnMarcson

SNOW SYSTEMS

Sep 26, 2010
Illinois
agreed the duo is about $500. more and for the extras it is what i am going with better to have to much light than not and to regret not buying the right bar from the start
you could also flood the single color too. But I'm an amber user, The flood on amber may work much better than red blue i suppose your using.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.