New Code 3 Pursuit Lightbar

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Interesting.. I rather like the fact the end user can program custom flash patterns into it. Having the takedowns (white) totally independent of the colored lights is a good idea also.

Reactions: Cartman and HCSO249

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
When I first saw the first couple seconds of the video clip, I thought, "wow, this could be an awesome game changer. It reminds me of the awesome MX7000s of the 1990s." I'm excited to see this bar. I think it could do great things for Code 3!

Reactions: Cartman

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Need mini bar vid asap

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
I agree with unlisted. I like the idea of custom - end user flash patterns. I cant stand the limited selection. Styling reminds me of current Code3 & Whelen squared off and blah but I do like the 2 level. Overall, I dont see it being a huge seller in my area. MSHP uses Whelen's as well as most everybody else {likely bought off state bid}. Our local PD uses mix of Code3 & Whelen LED bars. It took an act of God to get them to buy those and get away from their C3 LP bars so they wont change anytime soon.

It will take a local volunteer or small LE dept to introduce one to this area. Imagine price tag will be around 1400...so.....likely not anytime soon here. But I'd love to have a demo bar to try and get dept to buy ;)

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
I like it as well, I've been running an RX2700 since 2011, upgrading the optics along the way. I've never had a problem with the bar after many many hours of constant use. These days a 3 inch bar is kind of tall in comparison to the legacy bar, but having the white separate from the other colors is I think a better configuration. As others have opined, the dual color flash patterns are a real busy. I read that Code 3 was bought by Ecco recently, and wonder if that has impacted manufacturing or support at all.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Thoughts? Why do manufacturers think that having multiple colours on at the same time is a good thing? Why not make a bar with 3 levels of lighting, so you can throw yet another colour into the mix? Or 4 levels of lighting...

Reactions: STT Installer

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Thoughts? Why do manufacturers think that having multiple colours on at the same time is a good thing? Why not make a bar with 3 levels of lighting, so you can throw yet another colour into the mix? Or 4 levels of lighting...
Or better yet.. dual color both rows.. or tri color! :p

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I like this. I feel like code 3 needs to get a few good anchor products in their line, and this could be one. Even in the world of dual color, a dual level bar has it's place. Why should I choose between full flood and warning when I can have both. This is the first bar from code 3 in a while that I think is "meat and potatoes" vs. gimmicks. I'm optimistic.

Reactions: Cartman and bmd224

Cartman

Jan 16, 2016
Colorado
... Even in the world of dual color, a dual level bar has it's place. Why should I choose between full flood and warning when I can have both...
You're so right! Also, the light distribution for a warning signal and a flood are completely different. The flood needs to point down a bit, while the warning lights are horizontal to meet the SAE standards.
The insides of this thing would indicated dual color upper lightheads are coming. ;)

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I personally think it's too busy. Maybe I"m just old school, but I think at a distance it's going to look like a mess of bright light without the attention getting flash of an old fashioned light. Blinding to the eye closing down the iris. There is no "Pop". Maybe since you can control it and change the pattern it could be made more effective -scientifically-.

Reactions: Hollywood
Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I personally think it's too busy. Maybe I"m just old school, but I think at a distance it's going to look like a mess of bright light without the attention getting flash of an old fashioned light. Blinding to the eye closing down the iris. There is no "Pop". Maybe since you can control it and change the pattern it could be made more effective -scientifically-.
I'm with you, and that has been a problem on lots of cruisers, but that is what's nice about the software. The options are pretty much infinite so the bar can be as fast and bright or dim and slow as the user wants.

Reactions: Cartman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.