Newly Re-designed 6x4 Quadraflare

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Federal Signal is just about to release their new Quadraflare in the 6x4 size. It has some significant improvements over the older style;
  • mounting footprint and trim rings are unchanged, which is a welcome surprise.
  • lens is now pre-installed at the factory and has a better gasket. This should ensure water tightness as the installer doesn't have to field-install the gasket and lens. Unlike some other brands, the lens IS still removable via 2 screws on the back of the light housing.
  • 26 patterns including steady-on and triple-flash-then-steady. The light can flash with horizontal or vertical split patterns, and has a few "x" patterns as well.
  • Rear wire exit hole is filled with compound, again to help with water intrusion
  • The rear wire exit is a protrusion from the light that is about 1" in diameter and projects about 3/8" from the back of the light. The vehicle body will need to have a 1" hole drilled in it for the wire entry. The nice thing is that means that the wire entry point will be behind the body of the vehicle, though.
  • There is a wire (red) to power the top half of the light and a different wire (white) to power the bottom of the light. I'm guessing this is for situations where a multi-colour light is used and you want to turn off the whites at scene. EDIT Mar 23: No dual-colour versions any time soon, though 'split' colour models are available now.
  • The light is brighter than previous QF's as it uses 16 LEDs (older models had 10). Federal claims a 45% intensity increase.
  • Redesigned reflector gives better 'fill' of the reflector
  • Gore-tex gasket to provide a one-way vent for any moisture that might get inside
I'll shoot a pattern video shortly and will post it here.
Currently this new design is only available in 6x4 size. The other sizes will follow but likely later this year.
alh3_googleusercontent_com_HrDJA14Ka9ZHw3GTrW5HlpnqcdSVzr1d_BT2e64129410e555d76f36cf59e311c11f.jpg
alh3_googleusercontent_com_91Jne1XrB3QRfzSYxgIb_Cz06vMNrHh2L2D062bb5f7efd6e9a04cfe363500872c72.jpg

Last edited:

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
About time! How long for the dual colour models?

Hey T,

The dual colour models are part of the lineup that's being released in the next couple weeks. The model numbers and colour combinations are shown in the PDF that is linked above.

And yes, it IS about time!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
6x4 is a good size to start with, it can be used as primary perimeter light or secondary warning light. I am encouraged by Federal's progress with LEDs, I will be curious to see the 9x7, 7x3 and 4x3 quadraflare equivalents.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
6x4 is a good size to start with, it can be used as primary perimeter light or secondary warning light. I am encouraged by Federal's progress with LEDs, I will be curious to see the 9x7, 7x3 and 4x3 quadraflare equivalents.

John - my understanding (unofficially) is that the 9x7 and 7x3 upgrades will be coming later this year. I have not heard of any plans to make a 4x3 size.

I have a red/white dual colour coming but it's going to be about a month.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada

John (and everyone) - FedSig announced a couple days ago that they will have a 4x3 size available very soon. It's actually mentioned (no pictures yet) on their new website; https://www.fedsig.com/product/quadraflare . I have not seen one yet.

Last edited:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.