NO more Arjent S2

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
Nooooooo... :sadcry:

The one major thing I liked about this bar was the fact that with the police units I saw, it was a r/b split with white in the middle. None of this b/r/w/b/r/w/b/r BS with horrible patterns that made purple everywhere. It will be missed for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
We had to switch last year as well, no more Vista SL. Now using the Valor.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Thank god! We ran it for three years and had tons of issues. The mounts were insufficient at extreme speeds as well. We happily switched to wecan justice bars and SOS magnum bars since.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
I was never a fan. Good riddance. I actually personally know a IN State Trooper whose Arjent flew off his cruiser on US31, just going 65mph. After that happened, FS made some sort of retrofit for the Arjent series, but still... they were plagued with problems from the get go. Maybe they'll see use in the afterlife as surf boards.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
FreshDave04 said:
I was never a fan. Good riddance. I actually personally know a IN State Trooper whose Arjent flew off his cruiser on US31, just going 65mph. After that happened, FS made some sort of retrofit for the Arjent series, but still... they were plagued with problems from the get go. Maybe they'll see use in the afterlife as surf boards.

They made the "high speed mount".

Our agency was amongst the first to get the Arjents after running the the streethawk for YEARS. We had more than 50 mount failures..... Federal Signal had engineers down here and everything. Like I said, I had two fail on my patrol car in a months time. Luckily mine didnt not cause significant damage like the rest. Our fleet section is very happy to have gone away from them.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
OK! I'll be odd man out I like them had one on the Caprice now for awhile with no problems.

Ben G

May 24, 2010
Ontario, Canada
My agency has used them since we switched from the Vector many years ago. Recently there has been discussion about new lighting, and this explains it now. I really wasn't a fan of the bar but I was biased based on what flash pattern the installers selected. There are only a few agencies up here in Ontario that run the Argent, and even less in the coming year. Looking forward to the change. Ben

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
well you had to figure that Federal was going to do that sooner or later after they discontinued the Vista series. It was only a matter of time.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
Not entirely surprised to see the Arjent S2 discontinued. I believe the only large agency still using them is the LAPD. With the Vision SLR and the Valor marketed as the off-linear lightbars of choice, the uniqueness of the Arjent S2 faded. In addition, I'd reckon that the JetSolaris and the AeroDynic are at their respective ends as well. The Legend is offered in a variety of flavors that renders the JetSolaris redundant. Once the FDNY moves away from the AeroDynic models, that'll be put out to pasture shortly thereafter.

I'm really, really hoping for a linear lightbar offering SLR technology. If my calculations prove correct, the only existing FedSig lightbar capable of being equipped with the SLRs is the TurboBeam. The Jet chassis appears to be too small, and the AeroDynic chassis appears to be too big. A TurboBeam SLR? Let's make it happen, FedSig!

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
I was talking to a Federal Signal Rep the other day, and he said he just received a 2013 Ford PI sedan fully loaded with federal signal INCLUDING a new straight style light bar (like the legend) hidden in the trunk with Solaris optics and Spectralux Technology. So it should be multicolored and super bright and he said it is not near as goofy looking as the valor. SO, I am guessing this is replacing the Arjent soon. I have not seen it, and apparently it does not even have a name yet. Hopefully I will get a visit from him soon and I can take some photos of it.

Again, He told me this on the phone, and maybe this is a light bar everyone knows about already, but his claim makes it sound as though they are doing "field testing" and it is not a product that is published at all yet. My guess is it looks like the legend but they added the Spectralux to make it multicolored...

Anyone else know about this bar?

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Kevin K. said:
Not entirely surprised to see the Arjent S2 discontinued. I believe the only large agency still using them is the LAPD. With the Vision SLR and the Valor marketed as the off-linear lightbars of choice, the uniqueness of the Arjent S2 faded. In addition, I'd reckon that the JetSolaris and the AeroDynic are at their respective ends as well. The Legend is offered in a variety of flavors that renders the JetSolaris redundant. Once the FDNY moves away from the AeroDynic models, that'll be put out to pasture shortly thereafter.

I'm really, really hoping for a linear lightbar offering SLR technology. If my calculations prove correct, the only existing FedSig lightbar capable of being equipped with the SLRs is the TurboBeam. The Jet chassis appears to be too small, and the AeroDynic chassis appears to be too big. A TurboBeam SLR? Let's make it happen, FedSig!

TURBOBEAM FTW!

I LOVE TurboBeams, but I imagine they would shorten it if they did use it in such a manner. Kind of like the Highlighter, how it went LED and dropped down.

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
The aerodynic and jet series will remain solely because of the fire service west Lanham hills just bought 2 twin pumpers with a full aero on the front and a mini aero on either side above the crew doors looks really nice in my opinion

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
WIRED HDH said:
I was talking to a Federal Signal Rep the other day, and he said he just received a 2013 Ford PI sedan fully loaded with federal signal INCLUDING a new straight style light bar (like the legend) hidden in the trunk with Solaris optics and Spectralux Technology. So it should be multicolored and super bright and he said it is not near as goofy looking as the valor. SO, I am guessing this is replacing the Arjent soon. I have not seen it, and apparently it does not even have a name yet. Hopefully I will get a visit from him soon and I can take some photos of it.

Again, He told me this on the phone, and maybe this is a light bar everyone knows about already, but his claim makes it sound as though they are doing "field testing" and it is not a product that is published at all yet. My guess is it looks like the legend but they added the Spectralux to make it multicolored...

Anyone else know about this bar?

I believe the primary reason for the discontinuation of the Arjent S2 resulted from the introduction of the Valor. Those two are direct overlaps in product design, and naturally the Valor is a much-improved chassis versus the Arjent. The Vision SLR is in a league of its own, and the Valor is now the standard bearer of non-linear bars.

Regarding the quoted text, my first thought is that the Legend is finally getting the SpectraLux technology--and about time. Based on what you're saying, this does not appear to be the case. I think the Legend is continuing "as is" as FedSig's main competitor of the Liberty, and this SpectraLux linear bar is slated to compete against the Legacy. My logic? The Legend is 2.5" tall, whereas the Valor is 1.96" tall. That's telling me that FedSig is making a linear bar at 1.96" tall and distinguishing it from the Legend, with a profile designed to compete with the Legacy.

I still want to see a TurboBeam SLR, but this'll be cool too.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Kevin K. said:

I think members with full enough wallets should construct their own variations of the "Aerodynic SLR," "Jetstream SLR," and "Turbobeam SLR."

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
lotsofbars said:
I think members with full enough wallets should construct their own variations of the "Aerodynic SLR," "Jetstream SLR," and "Turbobeam SLR."

I expect they'll have fun trying to figure out how to get those motors to work right, too.

mgardner87

Jan 31, 2013
Fresno, Ca
I have a Arjent SL on my patrol car, and I love it! It's sad they are going away. Thankfully I just got my hands on 2 more, one of the Arjent S2's and another SL. I see a lot of departments still using them in Fresno. Fresno PD just started upgrading to the Legend's but still have a few on the new chargers. Fresno Sheriff actually is using Arjents to the death from what it seems like. They have put numerous bars on their new Interceptor SUV's as well as some of the old Vectors.

Yup LAPD, Los Angeles county fire / Life Guards, LA sheriff's, Long Beach PD, Santa Monica PD, and pretty much all SoCal agency's still run them with only a few exceptions.

In fact Federal Signal must still be supporting them because LAPD and LASD have them on PI Utility's which requires a new mount.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Yup LAPD, Los Angeles county fire / Life Guards, LA sheriff's, Long Beach PD, Santa Monica PD, and pretty much all SoCal agency's still run them with only a few exceptions.

In fact Federal Signal must still be supporting them because LAPD and LASD have them on PI Utility's which requires a new mount.
Federal has a contract to comply by with agencies for a given time period.

Reactions: jk.22

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
I believe the primary reason for the discontinuation of the Arjent S2 resulted from the introduction of the Valor. Those two are direct overlaps in product design, and naturally the Valor is a much-improved chassis versus the Arjent. The Vision SLR is in a league of its own, and the Valor is now the standard bearer of non-linear bars.

Regarding the quoted text, my first thought is that the Legend is finally getting the SpectraLux technology--and about time. Based on what you're saying, this does not appear to be the case. I think the Legend is continuing "as is" as FedSig's main competitor of the Liberty, and this SpectraLux linear bar is slated to compete against the Legacy. My logic? The Legend is 2.5" tall, whereas the Valor is 1.96" tall. That's telling me that FedSig is making a linear bar at 1.96" tall and distinguishing it from the Legend, with a profile designed to compete with the Legacy.

So last year I asked a FedSig rep if there were any plans for the Legend to get SpectraLux technology or flash pattern updates via a download. Without hesitation, he replied that there are no plans for changing the Legend design or flash patterns at all and it seemed like he hinted that with the Valor and SLR bars that this may be the next bar FedSig starts phasing out. :/ Bummer...

rettoded

Aug 12, 2011
Berks County,PA
So last year I asked a FedSig rep if there were any plans for the Legend to get SpectraLux technology or flash pattern updates via a download. Without hesitation, he replied that there are no plans for changing the Legend design or flash patterns at all and it seemed like he hinted that with the Valor and SLR bars that this may be the next bar FedSig starts phasing out. :/ Bummer...

While at the PA Fire Expo, I stopped by the Federal Signal booth. I also asked about updates that were coming down the line and was told it's mostly going to be redesigns and updating of lights. I asked about the possibility of a programmable breakout box, like the Whelen WeCan. Unfortunately there are no plans for this and the only option for customization would be to get a Smart Signal Platinum. For me that's a bummer as well as I like my Legend, but wish I could do more customization through programming.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.