NOS/NIB LP6000 Blue Domes (including center)

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
I am rebuilding a 5 rotator 47" Code 3 LP6000 for personal use. I need new blue domes for the entire bar (driver, passenger, and the center piece).

If anyone has a new set of the mini-takedowns, I need those as well.

..... OR... if anyone is a Code 3 distributor and can get these, I'll do that as well.... unless it's just as cheap for me to order them directly from C3.

Thanks in advance folks!!

Alvie

toyotafan

Jun 24, 2012
Indiana
I am rebuilding a 5 rotator 47" Code 3 LP6000 for personal use. I need new blue domes for the entire bar (driver, passenger, and the center piece).

If anyone has a new set of the mini-takedowns, I need those as well.

..... OR... if anyone is a Code 3 distributor and can get these, I'll do that as well.... unless it's just as cheap for me to order them directly from C3.

Thanks in advance folks!!

Alvie

If you have the part number for the domes, I can give you a quote nd order them for you

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
PM on the way Toyotafan.

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Sidenote:

If anyone can find the outer blue domes that have the "little clear circles" for the mini-takedowns and mini-alleys, I'd be ecstatic. .... the lady that worked at C3 and did all their sonic welding retired without teaching anyone else how to do it, so those are now gone forever. .... UNLESS I can get lucky enough to find someone who happens to have them sitting on a shelf somewhere.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
I don't know if I believe this story, the machine does all the welding/cutting. She was only needed to place the item and press the button! It work like a press machine.

Do they sell the clear circles seperate?

Reactions: AJ3814

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
I hate to say this Jenny, but I doubt it. I have confirmed this with two separate sources who verify the information directly from the parts division division.

And no... the "little clear circles" were never produced as a separate item from what I have heard.

Last edited by a moderator:

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
They were available seperate. I have seen them on a parts list. My department ran Code 3 Lp lightbars with alleys takedowns and rear flasher cut outs. We use to order boxes full of those little clear circles to replace the ones that would fall off. They are were called "Bulls eye cut out lenses" I can't remember the part #s they came in two sizes.

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Whoa boy..... then that decides it for me..... If your dept used to order boxes full of the little clear cut outs, I'll steer clear.... Here in LA, we have horrible humidity, which can VERY quickly ruin internals.... and if y'all had to order "boxes" of the little clear circles in AZ, I dang sure don't want the hassle or upkeep on my POV. I'll stick with solid domes and make the "minis" all flashers.

Thanks for the reliable info Jenny!!!

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Yes boxes but that is for a giant fleet over 25 yrs of county vehicles assigned to various department's. They started using this style lightbar in 1987. Here in Arizona we have extreme heat tempature's with no humidity, plastic does not survive well here in the elements. It becomes dry and brittle and crazed quickly. The hot days and cool night's causes plastic to expand and compress causing cracks and glue to come undone. I have no doubt it affects the sonic welds as well. This then add extreme speed emergency vehicles sometimes travel. Things gotta give.

My point is that I don't believe it was something that happened often or that these domes where a hassle. But when you have that many bars in service it seems like alot to someone who only has one. If the bars were a hassle and added costs to the county I'm sure they wouldn't have used them for over 25yrs. I'm sure not every bar needed this done only one or two here and there.

There are many of these lightbars and lenses still out there with thier original clear circle lenses attached. It's just Murphy's Law.

Lol now after all this, all I meant to say in my last reply is that they are/were available seperately.

I think you should still find yourself a set. Arizona is way different than Lousianna.

If you do decide to use solid domes, lose the minis. They will over power and wash out the rest of the lights. They are meant to be super bright for thier intended purpose of takedowns or alleys. They also produce alot of heat.

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Jenny, as always, thank you VERY much for your insight. AZ DPS is the only other agency other than TX DPS that ran those bars (in large numbers), and they both ran them in the exact same configuration (other than I believe AZ had amber rear flashers and TX had a mix of both.... but may be wrong).

I really like the option of having take downs and alleys, but the extra cost of filters alone when used with clear domes is $160, because with the fast rotators, you have to use the cylindrical filters and they're almost $14 each half..... and with clear domes, the sun reflecting off of the domes is murder on light output vs colored lenses... hence me wanting colored domes... just figured a set of "small flashers" would "help".... but if they'll drown everything else out, then thanks for the heads up..... will save me money on both ends.

I was going to rebuild my MX, but there's so much power draw, it just wouldn't be worth mounting on a '15 4Runner... only a V6 and not enough of an alternator.

Again, thank you all for your input.

AJ

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
I'm just a little frustrated that I can't get new colored lenses with the little clear circle cut-outs for the mini takedown/alley lights (and I'm hell bent on the minis because I don't want to lose the mirror flash to the front). I would go with the clear domes, but I absolutely hate them... to the point I'm willing to sacrifice TD's and alleys. So frustrated I could chew on rocks.  

Know anyone with a sonic welder? Hell I can mark the holes myself... may even be able to cut them using one of those little drill bit thingys.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.