NYPD bar ?

H20

Jun 20, 2010
USA / Washington
What should I expect to pay for an original NYPD Aerodynic bar? Not a restored bar but something used. I have an idea from researching on here, but I wanted a ball park price range so I know what to expect to pay when I do find one.

Reactions: Scoot163

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
It also depends on supply an demand. I sold one yesterday for 850 plus shipping and its not restored. It has been cleaned up and brand new domes added. The domes alone were roughly 300 though...Keep in mind this one occurrence is not common. Steve sold one recently that was exactly the same for 500.

H20

Jun 20, 2010
USA / Washington
Ok, I figured I found a good deal when this "tow truck lightbar" popped up for $100. I got in touch with the guy who lives on the opposite end of the country, literally... and made arrangements for my wife
who was visiting that city to pick it up and ship it back home. Great plan I thought until my wife wasn't able to connect because he didn't want to meet half way and the extra 2 hour drive wouldn't work with my wife. He didn't quite understand why I'm wanting this particular lightbar and says it's not worth the trouble. I wasn't going to tell him the bar had historical value and risk him jacking up the price or changing his mind with selling.

So, he suggested shipping it to me instead. Cool, we made arrangements to ship it; we were prepared to send him a prepaid shipping label for USPS and PayPal the money for the bar and for his costs in packing it. We asked him to pack it really well and get back to us with the final dimensions so we can finalize the shipping cost on our end... he was great up to this point, said he tried finding a box big enough and couldn't etc etc... and then he doesn't text anymore, he doesn't answer my phone calls, he doesn't return my voicemail. I give it a day, same thing... ignored. I respond on the app where I found the lightbar and send a note that I want to buy it, I see that he saw my message but it goes unanswered. I guess he didn't want to put any more effort in packing and shipping it :/.

Alittle frustrated and disappointed that he stopped responding and we weren't able to finalize the deal. I was excited to have an NYPD bar in my collection.

This looked like a really nice bar with lenses that would clean up pretty easily.

Anyone in NY willing to pick this up and ship it to me in WA??

IMG_7021.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: OliverD

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
If you run up on this again. Just have them take it to a UPS store. All they have to do is drop it off. He can give you the price and you can pay them online.

H20

Jun 20, 2010
USA / Washington
If you run up on this again. Just have them take it to a UPS store. All they have to do is drop it off. He can give you the price and you can pay them online.

That's a great option I never considered; if he ever responds to me again I'll ask him

H20

Jun 20, 2010
USA / Washington

H20

Jun 20, 2010
USA / Washington
IMG_7173.PNG Saw this post today and I confirmed its the same the bar, lucky guy bought it for $50.00.

I wrote the seller back and he really didn't give two hoots about what it was or what he could have sold it for.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I wrote the seller back and he really didn't give two hoots about what it was or what he could have sold it for.

Welcome to Letgo, where sellers replying to interested buyers is not a top priority and don't handle good advice from others. Letgo = JOKE.

deelony

May 23, 2010
LINY
I've never had a problem selling or buying on let-go. Most people on there are looking for the quick cash in hand transaction and not looking to ship unfortunately.

It's The bar is in the middle with no domes. New ones are coming old ones are restorable but i don't have the time for it.19840279_10155718159993159_1007284219_o.jpg

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Ok, I figured I found a good deal when this "tow truck lightbar" popped up for $100. I got in touch with the guy who lives on the opposite end of the country, literally... and made arrangements for my wife
who was visiting that city to pick it up and ship it back home. Great plan I thought until my wife wasn't able to connect because he didn't want to meet half way and the extra 2 hour drive wouldn't work with my wife. He didn't quite understand why I'm wanting this particular lightbar and says it's not worth the trouble. I wasn't going to tell him the bar had historical value and risk him jacking up the price or changing his mind with selling.

So, he suggested shipping it to me instead. Cool, we made arrangements to ship it; we were prepared to send him a prepaid shipping label for USPS and PayPal the money for the bar and for his costs in packing it. We asked him to pack it really well and get back to us with the final dimensions so we can finalize the shipping cost on our end... he was great up to this point, said he tried finding a box big enough and couldn't etc etc... and then he doesn't text anymore, he doesn't answer my phone calls, he doesn't return my voicemail. I give it a day, same thing... ignored. I respond on the app where I found the lightbar and send a note that I want to buy it, I see that he saw my message but it goes unanswered. I guess he didn't want to put any more effort in packing and shipping it :/.

Alittle frustrated and disappointed that he stopped responding and we weren't able to finalize the deal. I was excited to have an NYPD bar in my collection.

This looked like a really nice bar with lenses that would clean up pretty easily.

Anyone in NY willing to pick this up and ship it to me in WA??

View attachment 205141
I went thru the same thing with a so called light dealer/collector. He's also a member here. In my case the guy backed out from wanting to make the sell so he came up with the excuse that he didnt have time to ship it, and couldnt find the right box. And it wasnt a light bar, just a single beacon. Now I see him offering to sell stuff to others and appears he has no problems offering shipping.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.