Official Console/Equipment Thread

bwheelz05

Aug 9, 2011
AZ/CO
Havis DOES make mounting brackets for the 97-11 dodge dakota. PN# C-M-21. Use the 12'' track extrusion PN#C-TM-12E and the 10'' Havis console (PN# C-1000) works very well(Could fit three more inches in there too) The center cupholder OEM needs removed though. No biggie.

We had this setup in two different FD Dakotas that were used as squads.

I will also be installing the exact same setup in my POV within the next 3 weeks. (It does take awhile for shipping) The total cost for me with a few other items is around 221$

The mounting brackets are a perfect fit. So Dakota owners... there is a way!! lol

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
2012 Chevrolet 2500HD truck

DSC02860.jpg

DSC02859.jpg

eng18ine

Jul 27, 2012
stony point, new york
my post is acvtually one of the ones listed above. its close to finished now(painted and everything installed)

its alot easier than you tihnk and in my opinion can look alot better than a universal console. they are always so square, but a dakota i dont think has a single square edge in it.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
My 92 caprice wagon. Bought a right side seat to modify the drs. seat. Still looking for matching material for the seat.

Used a Pro-Copper base and storage box, Havis main box and Troy face plates with a little modificat to the top plate.

center 1.JPG

center 2.JPG

closeup 3 controlls.JPG

microman

May 20, 2010
KC Metro
Yes, it is a 2013 PI Explorer, but it came with a civilan center console. This is the Major's vehicle. He did not want a typical patrol center console, so this is what I came up with for mounting the radio head. It is mounted to the internal console structure and the upper cover slips down around it. A little tricky getting the measurements, but it worked. Hopefully he doesn't keep too many drinks in there!

Explorer Center Console.jpg

Also installed is: (will get pics and video next time I am at headquarters)

1) Whelen HHS2200

2) MicroMan Industries MB-16's with take downs (front)

1) MicroMan Industries MB-28 (rear)

2) MicroMan Industries MB-8 (sides)

2) SOS Ghosts (grille)

4) Feniex Canons (rear tails and front fog light holes)

1) D&R Systems rear equipment tray (pic below, pre-finish)

Explorer Equipment Tray.jpg

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Please post your console/equipment pics/installs here, existing threads have/will be merged here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my 07' FJ cruiser. Made a custom overhead console. First terr holds 3 gauges, second terr used to hold my work radio (removed to install in now new company demo truck), and third terr hold my Uniden scanner. Right behind that is a built in platform to hold my red/white sound off dome light.

Also relocated the factory rear diff locker, back up sensor, inverter power, and a couple other factory switches from under the factory am/fm radio, to the base of the console ahead of the transfer case shifter. In there spot I installed a whelen Cen Com gold control head. Speaker to the left is for the CB, and the CB and Cen Com PA mic sit on custom brackets on the left of the console.

IMAG0767.jpg

IMAG0769.jpg

IMAG0770.jpg

IMAG0773.jpg

Reactions: Core Public Safety

bobbyj

May 1, 2012
Bellingham, MA
I didnt see a thread like this in my search before this post.

I thought it would be interesting to see others installed equipment consoles. lighting control locations ect.

Heres mine; 2013 F150.

center seat removed and Havis console installed, radios, 18" FS littlelite, remote controlle on rear is for golight. (towel keeps cup inplace) :D ;)

attachicon.gif
39683.attach

Gamber seat mount & FS light/pa control head.

attachicon.gif
39684.attach

Didnt include printer mounted on rear seat...
Mind giving a parts list for your console setup? I've got a 2011 that I'd like to put a console in but I'm having trouble figuring out the best route, especially when armrest height and control height are key to me. Did you use a floorplate?

Thanks,

Brandt

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
This is my work vehicle (LMR industry)

2011 F150

The console is from Premier Mounting Solutions, model "CB-WIDE1", fits exactly between the bucket seats in pickups and fullsize SUV's, with the map pocket on the side and 6 12v outlet knockouts.  

Radios are Harris M7300 (7/800 EDACS/P25/C), Orion (EDACS), M7100 and a TYT TH9800 quad-band amateur radio.  I have a Data911 M6 touchscreen MDT going in soon after I rebuild it.  The screen and keyboard are on a pedestal mount, you can see on top of the Premier console where the swivel will mount.

10686872_10100850226826139_1097405812911593307_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
where did you get the equipment for that set up for the silverado? i am looking to install equipment in my 2001 and cant find a console that will fit and that might be my best option.

It was just a cheap equipment rack... Possibly from Galls... It was a pedestal style with 2 adjustable "U" brackets attached to it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.