Official "Whacker" or "Screwed Up Install" Thread

Is this the worst spotlight install you have ever seen?

• Yes

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 78.7%

• Total voters
May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
That. Is. Epic! On-board water? Practical? Nah. Functional? Hell yeah! Brilliant inverter setup! He doesn't mention how many batteries or how big of an alternator he has. Plus all the interior electronics?! [depending on how he wired everything] this would be an awesome demo car to showcase the possibilities of mobile connectivity.
amedia.makeameme.org_created_i_am_not_pmimc8.jpg

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Airplanes must not yield for him. Front lights pointed towards the sky, front side windows pointed back towards the driver and passenger, and of course ebay lights.

Reactions: Station 3
Mar 25, 2014
TX
Airplanes must not yield for him. Front lights pointed towards the sky, front side windows pointed back towards the driver and passenger, and of course ebay lights.

What in the hell is the point of the lights INSIDE the driver window, right by the mirror?? The only person who will be able to see those is....well, the driver!

Yeah, but he's got two JEGS stickers. Those are like +75 HP each.

Honestly, I'd have a hard time yielding to that car. It looks super fake to me...I'd assume it was some pimply teenager with a "respect my authoritah" complex.

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Seen on Hwy 90 in Texas. Contractor's trucks had MN plates. How's this for warning while blocking a travel lane?
P1060157.JPG
And a close up of the lighting array:
P1060158.JPG

I also like the "attenuator" trailer.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I've seen those so many times in different stores and on vehicles. Doesn't warn worth a $#@%.

Reactions: JazzDad

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ive seen a "lightbar" made withthem years ago ona jeep... guy had 3 blue ones and 3 red ones across the top.

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
A lot of the EZ Go carts at the Toyota plant I work in have those cheap POS's. Even in doors, they aren't worth a damn. (The FD EZ Go has a whelen ion and a motor-cycle siren!)

jws926

Dec 28, 2011
USA/ AZ
Maybe I should post a few shots of my whacker mobile so everyone can get a good laugh:D

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I hunt for these types of dudes here in Texas they usually have weed no insurance and a suspended license and they always say they do it just for a car club or some bullshit excuse.... OR they do home invasions and pretend to be cops with the cartel one of those two.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
theres some power draw for ya.......
best of both worlds strobe and halogen..lmao

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
So this is a car in the town I live in. Belongs to a city councilman. He does "radio communications". Haven't seen him touch a radio. I, nor anyone else in the area, will ever let him touch our radios. We have a local fireman who is a Kenwood dealer work on them.

I wouldn't let him touch a set of walkie talkies from Walmart.

That being said, he has no reason to have lights on his car. From what I understand, every vehicle he has owned has been set up similar.

Also as far as I'm aware, all the lights are amber.

I have a feeling if he ever gets in a wreck we will be digging him out of lights and wires.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 133

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
It looks to me like he's in violation of Arkansas lighting laws. Let's start the pool on how long it takes before we read about him being arrested when he tries to pull over a real LEO.

He's since posted an update in which he argues that using both blue and red makes it legal. I'll just let the AR justice system figure that one out.

Last edited:
Reactions: jph2

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Don't worry. In one of his comments he said, "I'm planning on becoming a first responder soon."

Does anyone else get a funny feeling when people talk about wanting to be a "first responder" (rather than specifying firefighter, EMS, etc). To me, it sounds a lot like "I want any excuse to use lights and sirens."

Reactions: Station 3

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
SUPERWHACKER!!
2016-06-17_8-27-09.jpg

I wonder how he's going explain these pictures. There are several Arkansas agencies that use red/blue. And I've also seen private ambulances from Missouri with red/blue lights responding to incidents in northern Arkansas.
3791746167_850df48df0.jpg 49.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Station 3 and jph2

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
He's since posted an update in which he argues that using both blue and red makes it legal. I'll just let the AR justice system figure that one out.

I'm not a lawyer, but....
27-36-301. Violations.

(a) (1) It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to exhibit a red or amber rotating or flashing light on any vehicle except as otherwise provided by the Arkansas Code or to activate a flashing, rotating, or oscillating purple light except during a funeral procession.

(2) If any person affixes or has affixed any red or amber light on any vehicle, this fact shall be prima facie proof that this person did exhibit the light.

(b) Except as otherwise provided by the Arkansas Code, it is unlawful for any person to install, activate, or operate a blue light in or on any vehicle in this state or to possess in or on any vehicle in this state a blue light that is not sealed in the manufacturer's original package. As used in this section, "blue light" means an operable blue light which:

(1) Is designed for use by an emergency vehicle, or is similar in appearance to a blue light designed for use by an emergency vehicle; and

(2) Can be operated by use of the vehicle's battery, the vehicle's electrical system, or a dry cell battery.

(c) (1) A violation of subsection (b) of this section shall be a Class A misdemeanor.
http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2010/title-27/subtitle-3/chapter-36/subchapter-3/27-36-301/

Section 303 requires blue for police, but does not prohibit other colors. Section 304 requires red for fire and ambulances and permits firefighters to use red on their POVs. Section 305 restricts all other vehicles to amber or white and permits tow trucks to use red. Funerals can use purple, per section 306.

From my original comment on this guy, I'm placing my bet he gets cited or arrested by fall. Anyone else want in the pool?

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
This was my reply on his youtube video page -

"So I still don't understand what the purpose of having them is? Are you trying to make people think you're a cop when they see you? If you can't use them, why have them? I don't get it? Like I said in a reply to another guys post - there are crazy people out there in today's world who shoot at cop cars because they hate cops. Why even look like a cop when those kind of things are happening in todays world. So, your life is in fact in danger every time you drive it because I'm sure you watch the news - there is a crazy gunman doing something crazy every single day it seems like...but, you're a grown man - you make your own decisions."

He wanted to know how he's risking his life - there it is. He must be unaware of how todays world is and how a lot of people view cops and now even firefighters and EMS..

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.