Old Canadian beacons-lightbar set ups

Aug 13, 2021
CT
Reactions: stansdds

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Where I live, the city police cars had the Dominion Auto light rack with two four beam Dominion Auto 367 flat top beacons and a CP25 style streamlined chrome speaker in between. The speaker was connected to a Federal PA15A series 1E electronic siren.

Both beacons were red from 1974 to 1987, and from 1987 until the end the beacon on the passenger's side was blue.

Reactions: toon80

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Dominion Auto went out of business sometime in the late eighties, I think. They are somewhat of a collators item. Especially if you can find a complete and undamaged bar. RCMP actually used North American beacons for some of their cars in Ottawa. I know Toronto used Street Hawks, for all of a year in the middle 1980's but did a full fleet changeout to LP6000's after that. Winsor PD used edge bars for a while. I recreantly rebuilt one for a member on this board.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Dominion Auto went bankrupt in 1999.
Yep, the RCMP used Dietz 711-211's on their welded (not bolted) Dominion crossbars, as well as laege Grote 4 beamers, sometimes with the riser base.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.