pic request of switch setups

May 21, 2010
Corbin, Kentucky
Here are a couple of pics of my Code-3 3600 remote head with built in switches, also has a relay unit built in with the siren unit mounted under the drivers seat.

3600-2.jpg

3600.jpg

txfire

May 19, 2010
Denton Co, TX
DLuccia said:
They are nice looking switches. Way to much for me to spend on a switch

x2 Dan. His switch panels are nice indeed...but in the real world, towards the volunteer market...there is no way they can spend that much.....

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
attachment.php

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Very inventive 36Truck!!! :thumbsup:

Not keen on the radio placement, but I like the switch placement Grote!!! :thumbsup:

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
WIRED HDH said:
I am not going to lie, I hate it when people compare ours to the auozone one :duh: :) , Yeah, Kinda similar, but different. Different company, different theory on products. The autozone one is simple, made in china, and with cheap materials thus they can make a 20-30 dollar product. :hopeless: But I guess if you like that one, You will love ours! and if you have had bad luck with the autozone one, don't relate it to ours, :nono: they are not built equal.

We had planned ours to withstand a bit more abuse:bonk:

Ours is built in the USA with materials that are much high quality then the autozone one. It is water proof (both the keypad and controller), UV resistant, Has indicators above the switch,is made with steel domes for the switch instead of an air pocket, Comes with 600 legends, an installation kit, is programmable, has auto current limiting, Low voltage protection, AUX inputs, much better connection between the keypad and controller, etc, etc, etc.... Of course this makes it a much higher cost, but we don't like producing crap stuff...

so yes they are similar, but way different! :) :crazy:

If you want the real thing, Get the WIRED HDH one. :)

I don't know why i used so many Smilies, Just felt right at the time :dielaugh:

Patrick

The fact of the matter is that no matter how neat it is, you sell a $400 (8) switch panel. It is simply priced out of the vast majority of the market.

Volunteers need a functional item that is not terribly expensive. Cities have the money, but ultimately require the same - a functional item at a justifiable expense.

Best of luck with your product, but I doubt it ever takes off until your price is MUCH more competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mason

Jul 6, 2012
Canada
Here is the setup i had in my 2009 dodge charger

Removed the sunglasses holder and fits a SS2000 PERFECTLY. Plus looks nice! (also stuck a second one in the trunk for the hell of it)

DSCN1828.jpg

DSCN1833.jpg

DSCN1834.jpg

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I think I remember there being another older thread just like this one. I searched for "custom switch" but nothing came up.

I used to have two switches mounted in an unused cubby in my Malibu, but when I made the 'Bu my demo, John at SafetyLighting custom fit my AWL Ultimate Siren/Controller above my map lights. I think it came out great!

ai1198.photobucket.com_albums_aa450_AdvancedWarningLights_ELB_Damega1.jpg

ai1198.photobucket.com_albums_aa450_AdvancedWarningLights_ELB_Damega2.jpg

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
Switch setup in 2009 RAM.

ai142.photobucket.com_albums_r81_AuxBigWil_Truck_IMG_02301.jpg

The switch panel replaced the RAM logo in the dash, which is put in place in trucks with few options. That RAM logo is in the same spot that the heated seat/steering wheel switches would be. The switch panel is standard equipment on the cab and chassis trucks, and is wired to a power distribution center under the hood. The switch panel is ground output, and is designed to be used with relays. I wired it up with my own relays which are under the back seat. Aux 1 is my driving lights, Aux 3 will be front amber lights, and Aux 4 is my rear lights. I'm considering using Aux 3 to power my strobe pack, so I have the option of shutting the strobes down at night.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
TheGatekeeper said:
What does "NL" stand for ?
You drive a police Ram in the Netherlands ?

I was waiting for that question at some point :D

While my family is originally from the Netherlands (my parents immigrated shortly after they got married) I currently reside in Newfoundland (NL) Canada.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
BigWil said:
I was waiting for that question at some point :D

While my family is originally from the Netherlands (my parents immigrated shortly after they got married) I currently reside in Newfoundland (NL) Canada.

So THAT NL !! Alright ! That's an interesting coincidence though... Going from NL to NL !!

Well hello my dear compatriot then ! :)

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
TheGatekeeper said:
So THAT NL !! Alright ! That's an interesting coincidence though... Going from NL to NL !!

Well hello my dear compatriot then ! :)

Actually, the family immigrated from NL to ON (Ontario). My father dodged the draft in the Netherlands by being the oldest on a farm, and being required at home to help on the farm, requring one of his younger brothers to go instead. I fulfilled his commitment (in his eyes, he always regretted dodging the draft) by joining the Canadian military, and am now a Corporal within the Military Police. The military decided to complete the transition by sending me to NL. I keep hoping to get sent to Europe for a short time period, but I haven't been that lucky yet. I have gone to Brazil and Costa Rica, though.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
TheGatekeeper said:
Neat. And you get to drive a Ram !

The RAM is my personal vehicle, as is my Dodge Charger R/T. We are a two HEMI family :D

My patrol vehicle is a 2008 Dodge Durango, also with a HEMI. Can you tell that I like HEMIs? :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.