Poll: Which USED lightbar is brightest?

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Poll of used lightbars:

List in order, from the BRIGHTEST to the LEAST brightest, the following used (4-10 years old) lightbars listed below, with linear, hourglass', or similar other 'wide-angle' optics technology (NOT TIR optics):

1. Brightest to least bright linear or hourglass style (not TIR),
  2. Brightest to least bright at a 60* degree viewing angle.

A. 911EP Galaxy
B. Code-3 Defender Tricore
C. Code-3 2700 (linear)
D. Federal Signal Legend
E. Federal Signal Radian with Solaris heads,
F. Feniex Apollo
G. Sound Off Signal Magnum
H. Sound Off Signal Pinnacle
I. Whelen Liberty

Rules:

Must have actually seen the bars,

You can't be a manufacturer's employee,

Save sales pitches for the boardroom or fire expo,

If you've seen only Bars B & C, simply say "bar C was brighter than bar B,"

We're not here to argue flash patterns, split fail, purple-blur, dome leakage, ease of programming, takedown & alley brightness, or daytime/nighttime brightness on this survey.

Simply put, I'm looking for daytime brightness with a simple back & forth slow 'wig-wag' pattern of a fully populated red/blue lightbar.

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Originally I was hoping to do a 'bracket' style (like March Madness) method of determining the brightest lightbar, but I didn't want to drive the admins insane with so many postings.

I'm really interested in learning the following:

Is a FS Legend brighter than a Raydian w/ Solaris heads?

Is a C3 2700 or Defender (w/Tricore) brighter?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Well I have only seen libertys raydians and federal signal legends around here and well the raydians are horrible after a few years the lenses are very loosely installed and and fill with dust and dirt no real water issues just a lot of dirt and make them very weak.. the legends well they just have issues with the heads burning out and since they have that "ROC" technology well your screwed in replacing individual heads because YOU CANT... also the lenses turn into poop brown after a few years of Texas heat... Libertys well they have HUGE issues with moisture down here due to the humidity in South Texas and they usually fill with moisture and burn out heads half way waaaaayyyy before you get upset that your lenses turn brown which does happen and finishes the job in making the liberty suck... those are the only lights I have first hand knowledge with.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Originally I was hoping to do a 'bracket' style (like March Madness) method of determining the brightest lightbar, but I didn't want to drive the admins insane with so many postings.

I'm really interested in learning the following:

Is a FS Legend brighter than a Raydian w/ Solaris heads?

Is a C3 2700 or Defender (w/Tricore) brighter?

Federal signal Legend is WAY brighter than the Raydian solaris heads. I think they use different actual LEDs I have taken BOTH apart and the raydian uses the old first gen Whelen Talon style LED chips and the Legend uses a smaller brighter LED chip. plus the way the reflectors are made makes a huge difference. The Raydian heads are made in such a way that from a distance they kinda look a little dark and dead from the center the legend reflector projects more light out.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I'm going to be that guy.

Federal signal valor for both your questions. I've seen everything else except for the magnum.

The only one that'll beat the valor is the slr.. but that's rotating pods.

Reactions: Station 3

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.