Pricing a complete Federal Twin Beacon Ray Bar

LineSpotter

Nov 6, 2013
AmericanSouthwest
I was helping my BIL move a car to his friends house and spotted a lightbar in the backyard of a house two-doors away, the BIL's friend just bought the house so he does not know the neighbors. Its kind of trashed property with a mobile home and a few junk cars, sitting on the hood of one of them is a complete Federal Twin Beacon Ray bar, I cannot tell if it has the chain drive or even the condition of the domes. But it does appear complete, chrome speaker, r/b domes, and roof mounts.

I know its difficult to price without knowing all the details, condition, etc. But Im hoping you folks could at give me some rough ideas so as to at least not get totally screwed (i don't have an issue paying proper value). I believe I've read that domes are still available, if so I would assume their condition is not as important. Any input would be greatly appreciated, I thought about starting out with a $100 offer and maxing at $200 if its in really nice shape, or am I off? Does the chain drive model add much over just a generic bar?

It looks exactly like this one but does have the roof mounts.....

awww.oldfirestuff.com_images_DSC02254.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: OliverD

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
If its in nice shape and you can get it for $200 you did very well. Condition is everything. They bring more then $200 if they are nice.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
My favorite light bar. Domes are still available for the Model 11, they are the same as the Model 14. they clean up very well.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
To what I can see it is a Model 11 TwinBeaconRay due to the rotators position relative to each other and the name tags says TWIN.

In the photo the bar look good and as long there are not to many dents, if any, you should do as planned.
The name tags are still red and not brown or gray as on heavy weathered ones.
You also get a CP-25 or CP-100 speaker.

By the way, what is BIL?
I am not familiar with that.

Michael

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
I just sold one with no speaker but did have the feet and gutter clamps for 350 so yes 200 would be VERY good!

May 21, 2010
Western Montana
$350 to $400 would be a fair price IF everything works and the domes are in good condition (and with the mounts). I would definitely purchase at $200 for parts/restoration even if it's not fully functional.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.