Rare Whelen 884D (4) bulb rotator

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Just picked this Whelen 884D up. The "D" versions are rare, and especially the 4 bulb (884) rotators. The "D" versions had the higher chrome base.100_5808.JPG 100_5809.JPG 100_5812.JPG 100_5813.JPG 100_5814.JPG 100_5818.JPG 100_5819.JPG I think it spent some time under water. The motor is toasted. I was able to refurbish the base and the dome. It was missing the dome retaining ring but thats whats nice when you have some spare parts. The bulb holders and the rest of the internals are OK after some cleaning and polishing. It will need a motor and gear box and then it should be up and running.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
or.. until motor and gear box is sorted out you could always do a 4 flash unit. not like it would be permanent and easily reversed back to stock when all parts are gathered. just saying

Reactions: kerry4951
Where's the video? Do I have to invoke Article XVII again!?!?

Article XVII, Section 43, Subsection 2a, Paragraph 1 of the Uniform Code of Conduct regulating posts to this forum CLEARLY STATES: "Any photograph of any warning device posted to this forum, unless for the express purposes of depicting repair or modification processes, MUST INCLUDE A VIDEO of said warning device."

The prosecution rests....:)

Btw, nice job!

Reactions: kerry4951

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Where's the video? Do I have to invoke Article XVII again!?!?

Article XVII, Section 43, Subsection 2a, Paragraph 1 of the Uniform Code of Conduct regulating posts to this forum CLEARLY STATES: "Any photograph of any warning device posted to this forum, unless for the express purposes of depicting repair or modification processes, MUST INCLUDE A VIDEO of said warning device."

The prosecution rests....:)

Btw, nice job!
The sad part is I have issues trying to post videos on this site. Atleast I did up till about 2 months ago when I tried it. I can easily post videos over on FB.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.