Reflective tape color on NYSP Trooper Vehicles?

silasgore1

Aug 1, 2010
Triple Cities NY
I'm not sure this belongs here but I can't find another area to put it in?

I need to know the color and type of reflective striping used on the NYSP Troop vehicles?

It looks yellow to me (I have color deficient eyesight) but my wife says it's more of a gold-ish color?

I have attached a photo of what I think is a match, any comments on my choice?

I've looked over Troop cars and I can't figure it out, so any help would be welcome!

Tim in NY

09d8_12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Not to hijack, but I have never, in my life seen a NYSP charger. And I travel from Jefferson county to seneca county on a regular basis, and I used to commute from there to Ulster county every week as well. Where are they???

Another interesting tidbit, I saw a NYSP CVPI on the NYS Thruway a few weeks ago with no striping. It had the seal on the door and the "STATE TROOPER" lettering, but no yellow stripe. Also had an all clear lightbar, appeared to be a Liberty. I don't remember the unit number exactly but I know the zone indicator was "T" which I believe is the Thruway troop?

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
36TruckK said:
LOL...I been thinking of getting a few feet and putting it on the lower level of the fence in my front yard to curtail the speeders at night...

Good idea!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
silasgore1 said:
I need to know the color and type of reflective striping used on the NYSP Troop vehicles?

It looks yellow to me (I have color deficient eyesight) but my wife says it's more of a gold-ish color?
Curious why you "need" to know the exact color/type..?

wd97tj

Jan 5, 2011
ny
emt322636 said:
Not to hijack, but I have never, in my life seen a NYSP charger. And I travel from Jefferson county to seneca county on a regular basis, and I used to commute from there to Ulster county every week as well. Where are they???

Another interesting tidbit, I saw a NYSP CVPI on the NYS Thruway a few weeks ago with no striping. It had the seal on the door and the "STATE TROOPER" lettering, but no yellow stripe. Also had an all clear lightbar, appeared to be a Liberty. I don't remember the unit number exactly but I know the zone indicator was "T" which I believe is the Thruway troop?

Troop T is trying some ghost striping for aggressive driving patrols on the NYST. There are 1 or 2 NYSP Chargers local at Troop K but none of the troopers care for them but then again most Troopers are in Tahoe's at Troop K.

asweezy

May 20, 2010
Wellsville, NY
emt322636 said:

Troop A (Western NY) Has a few chargers they are using as interstate cars. They have some with Libertys and some slicktops.

May 22, 2010
New York City
if you really want to buy it, just call warnock fleet, who is a member on the board, and buy it !!!

as they are the ones who put it on the cars lol

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
911 said:
if you really want to buy it, just call warnock fleet, who is a member on the board, and buy it !!!

as they are the ones who put it on the cars lol

Warnock may have the reflective but NYSP has 4 shops that do the striping application. State Campus in Albany has rows upon rows of unstriped car,Tahoe and other speciality vehicles.

Glenn @ Bldg 18 does most of the striping, same building they do the radio and lights installs.Shelves upon shelves of liberty and freedom bars with NYSP customer partnumbers on the everything. MPC03 and MP01 ,pallets of them.

Maybe some smaller remote Troops may do some own installs or work but as I have been told and learned NYSP like to guard thier specialty products for some reason.

BigDogg795

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
emt322636 said:

Like this?

nysp206.jpg

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Yea I saw them after looking at the policecars.com website or whatever, but I've been looking harder since this thread came around and I still haven't seen one.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
If you find an all clear Liberty on a NYSP car be sure to please take a picture. I have not seen one yet.Or on a Tahoe for that matter.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
wkr518 said:
If you find an all clear Liberty on a NYSP car be sure to please take a picture. I have not seen one yet.Or on a Tahoe for that matter.

I will, i tried with this one, but he was really hauling ass and I couldn't get my phone into camera mode fast enough.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
emt322636 said:
I will, i tried with this one, but he was really hauling ass and I couldn't get my phone into camera mode fast enough.

Man, I hate that delay going into camera mode, I need a dashcam system.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
I will be looking for this ghostly apparition when I am there in a few weeks. Will also make sure my digital camera is charged and ready to catch an image of it ( or them)

:) nyuck!

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
That Impala is butt fugly!!!! Why do the Impala and the first Charger seem so much darker though? Just the lighting conditions when the photos were taken, or are they painted darker?

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
PC Comms said:
That Impala is butt fugly!!!! Why do the Impala and the first Charger seem so much darker though? Just the lighting conditions when the photos were taken, or are they painted darker?

lighting conditions and editing. the second Charger photo was edited for brightness and contrast.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
Ummmmmm.... OK. So which is it? Lighting conditions or painted black? I'm assuming that since 10-75 posted the pics that he would have the definitive answer, but, to be honest, the top Charger looks like a DEEP blue.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Colored lenses look so much better than clear.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.