Wanted Remote head cb radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

roaddawg7

Apr 7, 2013
Linden, VA
This might be a stretch, but does anyone here have the skills to make a remote head cb. I don't like the cobra 75. I want a full face radio made into a remote head so I can mount it in my new cruiser.....I have no space in the Taurus. No one around where I live is willing to try and make one and I don't have the time to mess with it. I've seen them made before but none for sale. I will provide the cb and pay if it works. If someone has ne for sale, I'd be willing to buy depending on the price.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
depending on which cb you want "remote mounted" it could be easy or it could be impossible... the more bells and whistles you want on the cb the harder it will be.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
2nd jarred's thoughts. I have taken a kenwood tk840 and turned it into a remote mount setup. I could take a look but can't make any promises.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Theres a few people who have remote mount converted Cobra 29s, just a matter of skill and money!

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
2 choices- remote head low band radio or look on ebay for a vintage cb radio with a HHCH mic. Radio Shack made one, it took me just a few weeks of searching a few years ago to find one in excellent shape all complete.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
How about another option. Buy a old Syntor x9000 low band. modify it for out of band ham use and put your CB freqs in that way. That's on my list, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Seth

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
uhhhh the Citizen band is not in the HAM band..... o_O

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
True... But the out of band programming with the syntor ham software will allow you to program your CB channels :)

Seth

roaddawg7

Apr 7, 2013
Linden, VA
I just want cobra 29 made into a remote head. I'll try Wilson, he's changed some lights for me and I don't know why I did not think about that first. If anyone sees one for sale or knows a radio guy who has one send their email my way please. I have a cobra 25 currently bungee corded to my passenger seat cause the new consoles are not deep enough for it. I miss my crown vic!!!!! Ford messed up killing that car :-(

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
It's been done before so it should be able to be done again.

What kind of rear clearence are you going to need behind the head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.