Resources for LFL dome cleaning/restoration

Jun 25, 2010
Upstate NY
I have an LFL minibar I'm working to put into service. Several of the domes and lense pieces are pretty faded to the point where it affects light output. Can anyone recommend some good instructional sources so I can try to return them to decent condition?

Jun 25, 2010
Upstate NY
I figured there had to be something dedicated around here somewhere. I bought a 3m kit off of amazon.

I've only ever tried polishing/restoring a dome once, and it ended with me needing to buy a new one.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I figured there had to be something dedicated around here somewhere. I bought a 3m kit off of amazon.

I've only ever tried polishing/restoring a dome once, and it ended with me needing to buy a new one.
I would recommend following all the steps. It can feel a bit tedious but it will show in the results. If you are just looking for light output you only need to do the face. The raised graphics on the top and bottom can be ruined or removed earlier on in the process.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.