Richmond County, GA Sheriff's Deputy James D. Paugh shot and killed

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Hoser said:
Sad, what the heck was soldier carrying a M4 off base for?

I often travel with mine just because I don't like to leave it at home on road trips. If he wants to carry it, why not? It doesn't necessarily mean it is intended for illegal activity. Just sayin'.

RIP Deputy Paugh

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
I actually meant to post about Deputy Paugh. I work in Augusta ( Richmond County) from what I gather it was not an m4 the media had it wrong, it was an AR (semi Auto only) Anyway, I pass by where he was killed 5-10 times a day while on my route, and for the last week the spot is filled with people coming to pay there respects. his funeral was huge, officers from multiple states rode inline with the truck pulling his bike, and people line the streets to his final resting site. he was a very respected officer here in the CSRA (Central savannah river area). Today While at the local flea market I noticed lots of people with thin blue line memorial decals with his car number and name. I feel for his family and for the family for the GI that did this, as well as the young lady that had to watch it all unfold. non of them deserve this. It is a shame that this has happened.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instinq

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.