RV25 Red/Amber Domes 1245-RA

UnityUSA

Nov 25, 2015
Chicago IL
(I know some people have already figured this out, but here is the official announcement)

We have found 8 RV25 domes that are half red and half amber. These parts have long been discontinued and we cannot make more of them. There has been a decent amount of interest in these domes. To make selling them as fair as possible we will be doing a lottery for the chance to purchase one.

We will draw 8 random names from submissions. Each winner will be emailed their own unique code to purchase one of the 8 domes. Please do not enter more than once. We will be going through each entry and removing duplicates, so it will not help your chances.

If you win, you will have one week to order the dome. If you fail to order in that time, we will redraw another name and they will have the chance to order the dome instead.

Lottery will run from now until 2:00 PM on 2/2/16

http://www.unityusa.com/1245-RA-RedAmber-Dome-RV25-Lottery_ep_44-1.html

awww.unityusa.com_assets_images_1245_RA.jpg

UnityUSA

Nov 25, 2015
Chicago IL
Lottery is closed and winners have been drawn. Emails with unique purchase codes have been sent to the winners. Thank you to everyone who entered. We wish we had enough for everyone.

Reactions: Tony P

UnityUSA

Nov 25, 2015
Chicago IL
Four of the winners listed "Forum" as the way they heard about competition and one of them specifically mentioned this forum.

Windycity411

Jan 20, 2014
Illinois
Awesome! Come on guys and gals, start speaking up!
As a Unity collector living in Chicago, I'm very disappointed by this whole deal. Several months ago, while at the Unity factory, I was told if any old items were found, I'd be contacted to buy them. Since then, items have been found twice and I got no contact (Bicentennial spitfire domes, now r/a split domes).
I found out thru the grapevine about these red/ambers and contacted Unity. I was told they existed, not yet ready for sale, but one would be held for me regardless. After this lottery plan was hatched, I was told one was still being held for me, but I couldn't have it until after the lottery was done. This is a total 180 from my previous experiences with Unity. I'm disgusted that there was no love shown for the hometown kid AND you outright lied to me. I'm officially done collecting Unity products. What I have now will be up for sale soon as it is time to clear the shelves here.
How's that for speaking up!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
As a Unity collector living in Chicago, I'm very disappointed by this whole deal. Several months ago, while at the Unity factory, I was told if any old items were found, I'd be contacted to buy them. Since then, items have been found twice and I got no contact (Bicentennial spitfire domes, now r/a split domes).
I found out thru the grapevine about these red/ambers and contacted Unity. I was told they existed, not yet ready for sale, but one would be held for me regardless. After this lottery plan was hatched, I was told one was still being held for me, but I couldn't have it until after the lottery was done. This is a total 180 from my previous experiences with Unity. I'm disgusted that there was no love shown for the hometown kid AND you outright lied to me. I'm officially done collecting Unity products. What I have now will be up for sale soon as it is time to clear the shelves here.

It's unfortunate a board member feels short changed here. When lots of people express interest in discontinued products, people often feel betrayed or undercut in the end. I still applaud Unity for trying to be fair when distributing these sought after items. Saving items for people usually doesn't go well. People get overlooked, and not everyone comes away happy. I think the way Unity is trying to fairly distribute things now is preferable to promising dibs to individuals on tours. It is a better system for the collecting community and Unity. Again, it's unfortunate the way this happened for this user; but I think it was an unintended consequence of positive change by Unity. I would encourage both this user and Unity to not be discouraged by this misadventure; and also to continue this portion of the topic by PM.

UnityUSA

Nov 25, 2015
Chicago IL

We are sad to hear you are disappointed. Our goal with the lottery was to distribute the 1245-RA Domes in the fairest way possible. When we released the bicentennial domes, we didn't think we would sell them all in a year and we were shocked when they all sold in 3 hrs. We felt that we could have handle the sale of them better and wanted to keep try something new next time to improve the process. We thought about announcing a specific time that they would all go on sale or auctioning them all off, but both ways seemed to favor different groups of people. We landed on the lottery because it seemed the most impartial and fair way to make sure everyone had a chance.

The lottery was announced several times through multiple channels including our website, our monthly newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin and on this website.

I ran the lottery and was not informed of any special arrangements with anyone. Though in fairness to any other employees of Unity, I also did not ask around. The goal was fair distribution. I intend to check around to figure out what happened. If you would like to discuss your personal situation more, please send us a personal message on here. Again we apologize for any confusion or misunderstandings. Our goal was not to upset anyone, but to fairly make available a product we knew there was a lot of interest in.

UnityUSA

Nov 25, 2015
Chicago IL
Also status update on the domes: only 4 of them have been purchased so far and we have not been able to get a hold of one entries as the email appears to be invalid. Any domes not purchased within a week will be redrawn for using the existing lottery list.

Reactions: 801 and tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.