Single sealed beam rotators

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Anyone have any single sealed beam rotating lights? The Code 3 500 or Unity RV15 are the two examples that come to mind. Unity is selling some NOS ones and it made me wish I hadn't sold mine. Were there other single sealed beam rotators out there? Those are the only two I remember. Let's see what you guys have, or have had in my case.

20140724_094635.jpg 20140724_094725(0).jpg
20140724_093157.jpg 20140724_093215.jpg

Reactions: UnityUSA

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
dmathieu is right, Dietz made a version of Unity's RV15 called "255-M". I own that one and two Federal Visilite model 16s. Those Code 3 500 beacons are nice too!

Reactions: dmathieu

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
The thing that I wasn't crazy about was the sealed beam holder is mounted in a way that slightly aims the beam in an upward direction (due to the rounded bulb housing). This was true of the Dietz also, I believe.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The thing that I wasn't crazy about was the sealed beam holder is mounted in a way that slightly aims the beam in an upward direction (due to the rounded bulb housing). This was true of the Dietz also, I believe.

It seemed a pretty pronounced upward tilt in the North American one. If it is present in the other brands I didn't notice. The RV15 I had seemed to be a pretty straight on aimed beam.

Reactions: UnityUSA

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The one pictured is on ebay, it's not mine.

I have sold a Unity, A North American and a Code 3 Single sealed beam beacon on here at one point. No sure who got what, it's been awhile. Still, I should have remembered North American made one.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.