Smartsiren 100 or 200 watt?

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Question for y'all. I have the SS2000SS-D. Are these 100 watt or 200 watt?

Someone told me 200 but I didn't think that was correct since it only has 3 speaker wires: a common, 100 watt, and 58 watt.

Thanks.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky

Ok thanks.

So my dumb question right now, cause I didn't find anything in the manual.

How to I wire it up to a second speaker? I'm debating on either running it as 200 watts or running it as a 100 watt and running a 100 watt remote galls siren to the accessory switches.

As of right now it is just wired up to a single 100 watt AS124 speaker.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Question again.

If I wire the 58 watt speaker wire up to the 2nd 100 watt speaker, will it be 200 watt?

I'm confused as how to make this 200 watt.

I have 3 speaker wires on it: common, 100 watt, and 58 watt.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
1. Speaker.
The unit is designed to operate with
one 11-ohm impedance speaker or two 11-ohm
impedance, low power (58W) or high power (100W),
speakers connected in parallel and in phase. On
Federal speakers, this can be accomplished by
connecting the two speaker leads marked “1” to the
SPEAKER COMMON power cable lead and the two
speaker leads marked “2” to the SPEAKER HI
POWER or SPEAKER LO POWER power cable
leads.
Using 18 gauge wire, connect the
speaker leads (58W speakers to SPEAKER LO
POWER and 100W speakers to SPEAKER HI
POWER) as shown in Power Cable Wiring Diagram,
figure 3-6.

Both speaker wires labelled "1" to the common, both speaker wires labelled "2" to the HI POWER lead.

The siren will sense if there is one or two speakers hooked up. You do not hook up one of the speakers to the low power lead.

Reactions: Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky

Both speaker wires labelled "1" to the common, both speaker wires labelled "2" to the HI POWER lead.

The siren will sense if there is one or two speakers hooked up. You do not hook up one of the speakers to the low power lead.

Ok. Mine must be just 100 watt. Mine only has the 3 I listed above. Just a common and a high and low power only.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Yes. That is what you use for 200 watt as well. The common and high. Wire both speakers to those two leads.

Oh ok. I think I'm understanding now. Sorry for the confusion.

So all I need to do is run the common and the high to the 1st speaker, then run another set from those wires to the 2nd speaker. Essentially making a "Y" on the common and the high.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.