South Central Ambulance, England, Iveco Daily Emergency Response

GBEngineer

May 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Thought you may be interested in a little something different to the usual North American vehicles on here, this is a South Central Ambulance Service Iveco Daily on an emergency response in London (or on Blues and Twos as we may refer to it, Blues=lights obviously and Twos=Reference to Two Tone air horns that were commonly used on all emergency vehicles but have evolved to electronic sirens of wails, yelps, pulsars, electronic two tones instead).

This is from my local service outside London but was recorded providing cover to London Ambulance service during the Queen's Jubilee celebrations.

Compared to the videos here where your vehicles are lit up like christmas trees you may think this could use more lights, I would take the opposite opinion and say it's how you use it not how much you have and that the high visibility colour, battenburg side pattern and rear chevrons do more than any lights possibly could.

Personally I think this front and rear flash pattern is one of the best I've seen and is a good balance of attention getting without causing a blinding mess of light. I think the LEDs are probably Whelens, one thing to add that is noticeably different between our two sides of the Atlantic is we never have flashing white to the rear and good practice is to turn off head lamp flash and front white strobes at night when headlights switched on to avoid blinding or dazzling drivers.

This is not my video but I will apologise for the blurry end but you can still make out the rear flash pattern. Anyway enjoy and welcome discussion.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
la_canuck

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.