STL Fusion Ace Quad

MonkeyBiz

Jan 22, 2011
Whitehall, MI
I've had for the past few years, a Mini edge 9000 light bar on my truck. While it has been a good light bar, I decided to upgrade to the newer LED technology. I looked at review, after review for light bars.

Here were my requirements:

Had to be a mini bar.

Must be LED, with red and white lights.

Magnet mount

Under 300.00

This is what I found.

It wasn't until after one of my fellow fire fighter bought a STL Fusion Ace Quad. I was concerned about quality issues, as I had read a lot of unfavorable comments about them. He ordered the light bar with, what in our state, is illegal colored lights (blue). It wasn't until after he ordered it, and it had been shipped that he realized the error of his ways (caught a lot of grief around the station) and he contacted their customer service. They told him that as soon as he received the bar, to take out the blue LEDs, mail them back, and they would ship him new ones. The next day he received his light bar, took out the blue LEDs, contacted them, they gave him an order number thing, dropped them in the mail. Within 2 days, he they called him to say they his LEDs had been received and was given a tracking number for the new ones. He was pleased with their customer service.

Once he recieved them, we installed the LEDs in the bar, and mounted it all on his truck. HOLY CRAP was I jealous. These lights were... Bright to say the least. The bar appeared to be simply, but well made, with very easy wiring. He had the bar about a month until I couldn't take the jealously any more, so I bit the bullet and ordered the same one.

On STL's website, it said the bar would be available "End of January". It was 01.30.12 when I made the order. So I figured, it should be available, and placed the order. I received an automated email stating that it would be about 5 days until my order was shipped. I waited until 02.06.12 before I started wondering what was up (5 business days). Called customer service, gave them my order number. She said that she would check to see what was up, an call me back. 10 minutes later, CS called me back and said that she talked to "the guys" and there weren't any of those bars made right now, but they would get one put together for me, and I would have a tracking number by end of business that day. Sure enough, 5pm, got an email with a FEDEX tracking number.

I received my STL Fusion Ace Quad mini light bar today, 02.10.12. When it was arrived, I eagerly snatched the box from the FEDEX driver. When opening the box, I found the light bar to be adequately packed, and in good condition. I ran to my truck to plug it in to see how it looked, and to verify proper operation. Sure enough, bright as the sun, and worked great. I noticed the factor light locations had all clear LEDs on one side, and all the reds ones on the other. 15 minutes with a phillips screw driver I was able to quickly rearrange the lights to an alternating red/clear configuration.

Once all this was done, I quickly ripped my miniedge 9000 off my truck, and eagerly placed my beautiful new STL Fusion Ace Quad in it's place. Upon hooking the power into my existing system, was a breeze, and took less that 5 minutes. MAN does this light bar look great, and it's crazy bright.

Now, I live in a trailer park, where my neighbors are accustom to seeing my emergency light on as I leave for one of the 600 or so calls a year I run from my house when I'm not at my full time job. Once the sun set, I was eager to see how over wheleming this thing was with out competing the sunlight. I turned the unit on, and I kid you not, with in 10 seconds, my neighbors, who are normally desensitized to emergency lights (my one neighbor is a paramedic/FF also) were rushing to their windows. 3 people came out and said, "Wow, that light is 10x brighter than your other bar. It took once of the people's attention from his TV. :eek: :D

Over all, I am EXTREMLY satisfied with my new minibar, as well is my brother fighter with his. He has had his about 6 weeks (winter time in Michigan:crazy: ) of operation under his/it's belt and has had zero issues with his, and foresee no issues with mine.

Just thought I'd put out a favorable review, one of which I was unable to located before I saw one in person. For a LED light bar, shipped to my door at $276.82 I find this to be a terrific deal, and highly recommend it to somebody looking for a excellent bar on a budget.

This is my old bar, followed by my new bar.

299207_10150326978021216_510901215_8594351_1024745210_n.jpg

425022_10150527753366216_510901215_9340362_2037633136_n.jpg

431117_10150527752916216_510901215_9340359_1770250306_n.jpg

upnorth896

Dec 13, 2011
MI
Congrat! Looks to be a bright bar. Curious to know about the wind/drag noise from it driving down the road. Appears to have a bit higher profile than the mini edge you had.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I'm glad the bar worked out for you! I'd be interested to see how the bar is working in 1 year, and 2 as well. Keep us informed!

MonkeyBiz

Jan 22, 2011
Whitehall, MI
upnorth896 said:
Congrat! Looks to be a bright bar. Curious to know about the wind/drag noise from it driving down the road. Appears to have a bit higher profile than the mini edge you had.

I haven't noticed much of an issue as of yet. I talked to my freind that has one on his Avalanche, and he hasn't noticed any noise from it.

It does sit a little bit higher, and a little bit narrower. I asked my wife what she thought ( I have no sense of style) and she said that it looks tons better that what was there. In a safety aspect, since my truck has a little bit of a rake to it, accompanied with the topper, visibility from the rear is a minor concern. IMO, the little bit more height make me a tad more visable from the rear.

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
Tom said:
I'm glad the bar worked out for you! I'd be interested to see how the bar is working in 1 year, and 2 as well. Keep us informed!

Ok, it's almost been two years, how's it doing?

Lots of people on here hate on STL, it will be interesting to see if the OP is as happy now as he was in February of 2012!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.