Swapping Pegasus modules

dovy6

May 18, 2011
Brooklyn
I have a Pegasus split universal bar on my old car, pointing rearward (purchased on this board!) The setup, which made sense at the time, is BRRABBARRB.
I just purchased a new car, and would like to use the Pegasus as a front facing bar, but I'd need to swap out the Blue and Amber for Red and White / TD. It seems that the Pegasus is no longer sold. Can Cobra or Apollo modules be (easily) swapped out? I'm looking to get rid of the 4 Blue and 2 Amber heads and swap 'em for red/white. Thanks for the info!

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I have a Feniex Pegasus in my Explorer that I converted to a Cobra bar. It takes a little work. I took some L brackets and cut them to fit. When you take the bar apart you will see all the bolts that a attacked to the base. I planned out where the light heads would go using those bolts to hold the brackets. Take your time planning it out and get out the Dremel tool.

I will find the link to my truck. I believe there are pics in there. In this first video is three Cobra heads compared to two Pegasus heads.

I ran all my lights to a Whelen ULF44. I can each individual light head to the flasher (lots of extra work and wire) so I can change light heads around easily.

Attachments

• IMG_5947.PNG
    IMG_5947.PNG
    72.2 KB · Views: 6

dovy6

May 18, 2011
Brooklyn
can you take pics of the bar itself, off? Do you need to run it off a ULF can you wire it right into the pegasus "brain?"

dovy6

May 18, 2011
Brooklyn
ah ok that post is very helpful, thanks. Do you know if you have to run it on a sep. flasher or can you use the pegasus flasher by splicing the heads into the existing wiring?

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Your welcome

You could try using the existing flasher. You will use fewer Cobra heads then Pegasus heads. So when you connect them keep that in mind. Example my bar had 10 heads and now 8. So if I were to use stock flasher. I would eliminate one head on each end so it flashes properly

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.