Teaneck Volunteer Ambulance

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
From their website:

All of our members are volunteers, serving the township 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, without pay. We respond to over 4,000 emergency calls a year, routinely saving lives and reducing suffering with our rapid response and application of Basic Life Support skills.

No ALS?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
From their website:

All of our members are volunteers, serving the township 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, without pay. We respond to over 4,000 emergency calls a year, routinely saving lives and reducing suffering with our rapid response and application of Basic Life Support skills.

No ALS?
Often in NJ the ALS is hospital based, the BLS a volunteer squad.  That's not uncommon or a bad thing necessarily. 

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Well I guess that's what a Navigator looks like... from like four feet below any effective angle. I see they're using those new 180-degree lights from FedSig to replace proper 9x7's for side warning too. Too much going on and the video is pretty lousy quality but the guy says he's gonna have a video of it responding soon... so we'll see I guess.

Ew. Ugh.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Aside from the mess of lights in the grille, I think it's half decent. Good flash patterns, no purple, and lots of angles covered.

When you look at their other ambulances, this current monstrosity was inevitable.

Last edited by a moderator:

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Wow.  That's pretty f*ed up for a rescue unit's lighting.  If they'd cluster the grille lights that'd help, and I do like the rotators up front, but overall..bleh.

And just lose the topmost bar entirely. 

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Since when did an ambulance ever get away with tiny lights like that on the sides? Bigger is better, seriously. But I do like the rotators on the fenders.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
They could of bought a new F250 chief vehicle with the money they spent on lighting for one unit.....

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Since when did an ambulance ever get away with tiny lights like that on the sides? Bigger is better, seriously. But I do like the rotators on the fenders.
Federal Signal recommends 3 Quadraflare 9x7 lights to meet and exceed kkk-a-1822F.

The smaller quadraflares, impaxx and viper ext might meet standards according to Federal Signal's website, but there is nothing on their site mentioning micropulse lights and lighting standards.

Reactions: Chris W

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
This looks like Mount Horeb meets Ghost Busters.

The excess amount of lighting is at the point where it looks tacky.

The only 2 things I like about this unit are the rear chevrons and the 4 large quadraflares in an x-pattern to the rear....the rear blue light bar looks stupid, the front full-size above the mini lightbars looks stupid and the side lighting is horrible (if they kept it simple with quadraflare 9's and 7's, then it would've been okay). Dual sirens plus mechanical is a bit much for my taste. The dual viper is clearly essential on the dash since they don't have enough front lighting :-/ The grill is awful and would've looked great with 2-4 large quadraflares. The new Horton control is nice though

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
im all for blinkies, but these guys should be ashamed to drive those things. so wasteful

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
amber lights on the side aren't flashing... only see 1 control box so it must be 1 switch is all lights on?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
At least there are solid synched patterns, but basically no side warning.... 

These rigs always have at least one or two threads here.  

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
New Teaneck rig as of 2015
Still a disappointing mess (even though the grill now looks a little better). I might've thought the FedSig intersection pods would look cool on the front bumper (instead of in front of the airborn :-/), but they really have no need for an extended bumper anyways. It's a shame that all that money was wasted on tiny lights, when a few 9x7 and 6x4 quadraflares would've sufficed

Reactions: Tony P

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida

It sure does move traffic though skip to 1:45

You can put that many STL lights on a rig and it'll still move traffic with an electronic siren, a Q2B, & air horns going lol. I'm sure a lot of us here could've spent half that much money on lighting and still have a good setup; effective can be simple ;-)

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I don't know why they're wasting all that free space on their rigs. Why stop at two rows of grill lights? An X-pattern is fine for the side lights but why not add a few dozen more and flash the whole left half of the ambulance against the right half? Why do chevrons in Scotchlite when you clearly have the means to make them out of LEDs?

Teaneck Ambulance Squad
Our Motto is "Why stop there?"

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big JW

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.